Honored Contributor

QVC makes a ton of money.  Much more then HSN & Evine put together.  They can afford really nice sets.  Though come to think of it, not as good as the past.  Remember those spectacular sets for the Gold Rush shows?

Honored Contributor

One thing that helps:  I get QVC in HD with DirecTV, not the others.  Sometimes they are so fuzzy I can barely make out what they are selling. 

Honored Contributor

Hmmm Since this is in the fashion forum I took for granted this thread was about sets...tops & sweaters perhaps? Ha ha! Thats how much I watch the Q. I have no clue what their holiday decorating is all about. I only shop local.

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

QVC does have a pretty set that's used for most of the fashion and beauty shows like PM Style. I'm not that crazy about the way above the head camera angles when showing fashions though. It looks like a continuous selfie video and some of the women look really top heavy when constantly shown from above while they are modelling tight fitting clothes.

HSN's set is just OK and Evine's set is low rent.

TSC's fashion set in Canada is just OK too but sometimes the models are too far away from the camera to be able to see the details of the clothing very well.

Honored Contributor

I posted a thread very similar last week in another forum.

I totally agree with you.  QVC's holiday decorating by far beats the other stations.

Respected Contributor

As much as I am not a fan of the long string of Christmas shows on QVC, their sets are lovely.  As to the issue of quality, I have had very good luck with QVC.  I have sent things back that didn't work for me, but it is rarely for poor workmanship.  (workpersonship?  you know what I mean).

HSN and Evine are more hit and miss quality-wise in my experience -- and their sets are nothing to write home about. 

Respected Contributor

Pretty sets really don't mean much.   Living up to the Q, the V and the C in the name would be better lol.  Personally, I like the way the Christmas trees on HSN and Evine look more than QVC's.  Evine has a pretty white one with all red ornaments and I've also seen some pretty ones on HSN.  QVC's are decorated in colors I don't care for.  I like the multi colors and bright Christmas reds and greens.

Respected Contributor

I agree,QVC has the best sets and the best production team and the best and most professional group of show hosts.  But that certainly is NOT why I am a QVC  customer. 

That's just frosting on the cake.  I shop for the merchandise, quality and value. 

Respected Contributor

@ashleigh dupray wrote:

the only sets i liked were when Lisa decorated for her Christmas Shows

its been a year!!!  Lisa !!  we need some owls and trees and garlands

i rarely watch any Q shows anymore

Very cute but a little naive  LR didn't decorate the sets, she didn't design the sets.  A whole team of professioals did that.  Probably the same team that did this year's sets. 

Super Contributor

Lisa had shows in her own home.  I would think she decorated that...in fact she would mention where she got certain items.  One thing I saw on her show, I have done.......she used white feather boas for "snow".  I use them on my mantle and they are so beautiful and ethereal.