Esteemed Contributor

Re: Their Fashion is too old looking

I think for the most part I'd call it "generic" rather than old-looking. To be honest I think they're doing a better job than say, 5 years ago, when it was all crops, big shirts, and liquid/crystal/etc knits. 

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

I guess I resemble that remark. I'm 55, short, fat & I love comfortable, casual clothes. I buy almost all of my clothing from QVC. I know what looks the best on me & I can typically tell from the pictiures & descriptions what will work on my body, so I don't return much. I know that the price with the shipping (& the occaisonal return) is higher than what I may pay in a store, but I live in a rural area where we have a Walmart & a Peebles. I have a busy life & I don't enjoy shopping for clothes. I will buy purses or shoes from Macy's or Nordstrom online, but not here because returning them is too expensive if they don't work for me. But, as far as clothes, D&C, C Wonder, a few of Quacker Factory's tops (LOVE the fabric, but I don't like a lot of fancy bits on my clothes) & my Isaac Mizrahi jeans & I am comfortable & happy. I'm sorry that it's not working for you. I hope you find somewhere that suits you better.

Esteemed Contributor

@Dusty1

Now THIS is how one disagrees with a post! Rational, respectfuly, making a case without rancour. Girl, you rock.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I'm still tryin' to figure out who the heck  "Their Fashion..."  is referring to....??  Maybe someone here will enlighten me...please.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I'm still tryin' to figure out who the heck  "Their Fashion..."  is referring to....??  Maybe someone here will enlighten me...please.Woman Happy

The OP is saying the clothing on QVC is old fashioned.  

I buy from QVC.  When it stops working for me, I'll move along.  You owe it to yourself to shop where you like the styles and the price fits your wallet.

Honored Contributor

No one forces anyone to shop at Qvc. Personal choice. Susan Graver is one of my favorite designers. Hot in Hollywood new to the Q. Today ordered jeans. Qvc offers different styles from variations produced by several designers. Isaac M another wonderful line. Living in the Adirondacks I am so grateful for Qvc.
Esteemed Contributor

I feel that some items are for women of the past.  Some items like the prints that Susan Graver offers are for those living in Florida.

Maybe if the Q only offered XS to XL sizes, the styles would be more youthful.  With the sizes that include so many body types, it's hard to fit everyone into one style or patterned garment. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@gonnab wrote:

Are we supposed to guess who "their fashion" is???????

@gonnabIt's Q, definately from the info at the end.

Honored Contributor

As far as I know, each of us has the right to purchase wherever we please, whether elelgant shop on an elegant avenue, QVC, or Salvation Army thrift store (our local one is OUTSTANDING).

Was there some particular reason, OP, for posting your "opinion"?

Honored Contributor

@Fionna wrote:

Does anyone feel that their fashion sense is so old? I keep looking hoping for new good looking designs and all I see is old looking ones that my grandma would wear. This is coming for someone who is 62 years old. They are also over priced. I have seen some great fashion from Evine and HSN, so I guess I will be buying from them. I really liked QVC and shopped with them for years.

If you don't like the clohes, what difference does the price make?  You aren't gong to buy it anyway.