Trusted Contributor

Re: QUESTION? HOW MANY QVC FASHIONISTAS ACTUALLY SHOP IN BOUTIQUES

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NJgirl 1205

I see Mark Zunino's stuff on clearance in the wee hours of the morning...

Yes, that's just the bad leftover stuff.  The designer looking boutique type items are long gone.

Honored Contributor

I don't think of any "chain" store as a "boutique" store. IMO, Anthropologie sells items one would find at a boutique, but even Antro isn't a boutique imo...it's a specialty chain.  Ann Taylor, Chicos, etc. are not boutiques imo.

I rarely shop at boutiques as I don't want to pay the high prices many boutiques charge. I do have items from boutiques, but it's not common for me to frequent unless I"m with people coming in from out of town or unless I, myself, am out of town on vacation.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

There are a couple of boutiques in the downtown part of our town.  They're very nice - but pricey.  I've found a few nice things there.  I also see boutiques on vacation.  Those items I consider "splurges".

I don't consider QVC a boutique. 

Honored Contributor

The only time I shop at boutiques is on vacation. My Stein Mart has a boutique section that has unique pieces. There are several small clothing stores in my city that are boutiques, but I never shop in them. I should investigate it more, but I keep thinking that the odds of finding something in my size that I like would be slim since the selection is so much smaller. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For many years I bought my clothes at a boutique in our neighborhood. I loved it! The owner was my age and shared my style. She'd phone me when new items came in that she thought I'd like. This was during my busiest working years. That store was a great timesaver, and I felt I dressed my best during that era! I think I spent less than I would have otherwise because of her guidance.   

The boutique eventually went out of business. Other boutiques I knew about had the same outcome. I guess they couldn't compete with the larger retailers.

Today, I shop the mall and also use online retailers. I prefer ones that have stores where I can make returns and also try on some of the styles - like Talbots, Loft, Macy's. 

Honored Contributor

No.  I'm not even sure if we have any where I live.  

Respected Contributor

The boutique in our town will only give you store credit when you return something.  I'm not a fan of that.  They only accept returns within 7 days.  I would never buy gifts there because of their return policy 

Honored Contributor

yes, i do shop in boutiques for clothing and accessories. i love finding different, unique, and unusual items that you dont see everywhere.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I rather fancy the idea of shopping at an exclusive boutique.  Not going to happen.  Boutiques are known for their small sizes and minimal inventory.  Their manufacturers likely don't make sizes larger than a 4.  LOL.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

I think boutiques do not sell the high-end clothing that some department stores sell, but a lot of middle price clothing that is not seen throughout  the department stores or stores such as Chico, Coldwater Creek, Talbot, etc.  
I have one near me where I buy clothing and jewelry, not necessarily very expensive, not cheap.  Just things that I find that I have not seen elsewhere, and I don't see myself coming and going.  I buy Eileen Fisher, which is above mid price but not couture, and I buy Chico which I think is mid price. 
I buy Lafayette 148 and Louis Dell Olio but if I want something for a special event and I don't want to risk someone else having the same item, I go to the boutique, and they are not necessarily high priced, just different.  That's my experience.  I am sure other people have theirs.