Honored Contributor

Re: QUESTION? HOW MANY QVC FASHIONISTAS ACTUALLY SHOP IN BOUTIQUES

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Spurt

@Puppy Lips

I would like to include an addendum to my post...LDO (many of his things, I think) and a few Simonton pieces are/were boutique-worthy...if not boutique, then high-end dept store for sure.   I have a few older sequined scarves from Joan that are very unusual and high quality.  But, for the majority of clothing here...not boutique, but middle-range dept store quality.  I agree with puppy that the Q is trying to justify some of their ridiculous prices by attempting to link themselves to boutiques...which is not happening for me at all.

@MacDUFF

I agree I purchased a Linea blouse and was very impressed with the quality....the blouse was nicely made and even lined, beautifully done, and as you said, worthy of the "boutique" label.  I have a couple of Simonton's tops too and these are also nicely made.....However, totally agree that the other QVC lines are just mid range dept store quality---not anything special to justify a high price tag...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I cannot conceive of QVC being called a "boutique".  They sell thousands and thousands of the same article of clothing.  How could those kinds of numbers possibly be considered boutique like? Just another sales pitch and a silly one at that.

Honored Contributor

Will add to my post of earlier in the thread, that LDO is the only brand I buy anymore from the Q, with a rare exception.
"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Years ago QVC used to have some items from certain designers that was reminiscent of boutique type clothing - Erin Fetherson, Pamrla Denis, Marc Bouer, Mark Zunino, and maybe several others.  However, those days are long gone.  Even Louis's Linea, which used to fall into this category, is now more of an upscale version of denim & co rather than anything you would find in a boutique.  I remember staying home for his shows as well as for fashion days, but that was many, many, many moons ago.

Super Contributor

I do shop in the  boutiques at Laguna Beach and Coronado, Ca. The Q is NOT boutique.

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

Years ago QVC used to have some items from certain designers that was reminiscent of boutique type clothing - Erin Fetherson, Pamrla Denis, Marc Bouer, Mark Zunino, and maybe several others.  However, those days are long gone.  Even Louis's Linea, which used to fall into this category, is now more of an upscale version of denim & co rather than anything you would find in a boutique.  I remember staying home for his shows as well as for fashion days, but that was many, many, many moons ago.

Indigo Moon and Mary McFadden are two that come to mind.  And ... Look East.  And to some extent - Koos.  I'm still wearing stuff from all of them!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

Indigo Moon and Mary McFadden are two that come to mind.  And ... Look East.  And to some extent - Koos.  I'm still wearing stuff from all of them!

Oh yes, I still have a couple of Mary's accessories.  I think a a gorgeous silk blouse or two of Diane Von Furstenberg's

Honored Contributor

@NJgirl 1205

I see Mark Zunino's stuff on clearance in the wee hours of the morning...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would go to a boutique in a foreign country or exotic state.  Otherwise, I haven't boutique shopped locally in a long while.  However, were I to be in the neighborhood, there is one local Israeli boutique I would frequent, as the clothing is among my favorite.

Esteemed Contributor

The lovely jackets and skirts Linea used to have are long gone.  NOw it's all the Linea Leisure line with hoodie's and leggings.  Looks like stuff I would throw on to wear to Wal Mart or the local nursery to pick out plants.  I can get clothes like that lots of places and not pay a shipping charge.