Honored Contributor

I've stopped ordering shoes because the sizing is never accurate and now I'm giving up on "Fashion". Except for an occasional accessory piece or jacket from Isaac, I see no style, well made clothing or decent fitting garments IMO. This is not to mention that the prices are ridiculous for the quality. 

Yes, there are those that will quickly reply to shop somewhere else. I do and I have.  J Crew on sale, Nordstrom sales, LE and LL Bean...these clothes last forever and I can count on the quality.

Honored Contributor

Re: Q FASHIONS MOSTLY A "MISS"

[ Edited ]

@ShanusVery well said.  I only look at Dennis and Lewis now.

It's almost impossible to stay with one designer's vision for ever and ever.  I think Q totally buying into certain designers almost exclusively has been a very poor decision.  It certainly hasn't been successful.

Honored Contributor

A few years ago QVC changed their sizing to fit into the skinny trend and I stopped buying as I do not find that sausage skin tight clothing is complimentary to me.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't  watch many fashion shows but occassionly check Clearance section and just went through the Liz C portion.  In reading Reviews there are constant complaints about how cheap the material is - and others like - armhole problems, bust area to tight - sizing off seems a major issue.  Too expensive to order and return - so I'm mostly safe buying garden and kitchen tools.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

I never had much luck with QVC "fashion."  No matter how cute it looked on TV, it never worked for me.  I've mostly given up as I don't need many clothes anyway.

I'm happiest with the traditional, classic clothing that's currently in my closet leftover from my "working" days.  Blazers, tailored pants, nice jeans. 

I cannot abide many of the new items.  The uneven hems and sagging, bagging fit.  Or worse, the sausage casing fit.  Just not my style. 

This morning, I watched AM Style while I was spinning and thought, goodness, they must sell a billion of those epilators!  Then, there was some cardigan/top that looked like a tablecloth flung over the model's shoulders!

There wasn't one thing that made me want to buyCat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fthunt

JC Penney still has a large selection of Liz C. clothing.  Not all of it to my liking, but still more conservative.

Recently bought some boat neck tops in a nice eyelet that are very pretty.

If you like Liz C., you might want to check JCP online.  I know it is likely a different line of Liz C. clothing, but I don't mind if I like an item.

Esteemed Contributor

I just got the nicest dress from Lands' End, at a reasonable price.  I have not ordered clothing from them for years.  Now I will have to pay closer attention to their catalogs.  After buying clothes from the Q for the last several years, it has made my wardrobe rather dull -- too much of the same thing.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Esteemed Contributor

Have only been ordering clothes from Q when they have a special price.

There are way  to  many defects, issues, shipping &returns. Now that the sign in page goes to order status I cancel alot more because my brain says the item is not worth the price, it might be a return so this  misguided sign in is working for me.

Respected Contributor

For the most part, I agree with you. I think they are trying very hard to make it appeal to and work for the masses. Like a mass market paperback, most people will accept the reduced quality for a lower price, provided it eill still do the job. But clothing and women's bodies can't be standardized like a paperback. you can only fiddle with the measurements so much. Yes, a tent silhouette will  fit over all body types, but that doesn't mean it will look good. On some types it may actually be the best for their type, on others it swallows them up in a ridiculous way, but "fits" both.

I still find a few items that work most likely as a incidental occurrence, but it doesn't appear that Q has that intention looking at most of it. But I'll be honest, I find this to be the truth in all ready to wear that's out there. They are just less invested in the tent overall, and don't work for other reasons.

Respected Contributor

I could be happy with some of the QVC clothng if only they would get some consistent sizing from all their vendors. I find I wear a large in some, more often a medium, but sometimes a small.  So how do I order with any degree of confidence?  I am tired of having to spend upwards of $10.00 (shipping to me plus returing fees),  I have the same problem with B&M stores, but at least there I don't have to pay to find what size fits.

I can usually get a reasonable fit in D&C and Isaac tops, and sometimes in a SG Petite pant. But even then I have to return too much and I'm tired of trudging to the mailbox with a return package, knowing that I've just spent another $6.95 for nothing.