Honored Contributor

Re: Q FASHIONS MOSTLY A "MISS"

@StarryNight. I would definitely wear a denim jacket w/ lace top and a sneakers with a lace lace top and jeans. In fact I like the "play" of  dressy or feminine against something sporty/masculine. I dress like that a lot.

Honored Contributor

QVC buyers make very specific demands of the designers that they employ. If left to their own devices I'm sure their lines would look differently.
Over the last six or seven years I've only purchased a small handful of clothing from the Q; not because there was anything wrong with it but simply because the prices are out of line and the styles are not in line with my own. I'm not interested in hiding anything and I find that most styles meant to cover up are rarely flattering.
The pieces that I have purchased have been fine and the shirt that I took out a measuring tape for another poster on was accurate in its posted measurements
Esteemed Contributor

The Shopping Channel in Canada doesn't carry very many clothing brands sold on the U.S. QVC. I can only think of Joan Rivers and Isaac Mizrahi currently and Clarks shoes, Skecher shoes, and Vionic shoes. I rarely buy shoes online as fit is a problem. I seldom buy Joan Rivers clothes anymore either as I am disappointed in most of their styles since she passed. I have bought a few Isaac tops too but that's it.

I prefer to shop in a store where I can examine and try the clothes on. I will buy clothes online if I already own the same item but I don't want to take chances on poor fit and paying shipping fees.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never been a person who relies on one or two sources for my clothing needs.  I get around to find things I want and/or need.  I shop the "internet."

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo. I agree w/ you that too often attempting to hide a figure flaw just draws more attention to it.

Valued Contributor

I haven't bought as many shoes here since Birkenstock left, but my favorite was Denim & Co for clothing. I've had some misses lately I suspect they've cut back on Quality Control staff or are using even cheaper manufacturing companies overseas. My worst sewn pieces all said made in Nicaragua, but I've had bad necklines and shorter arms on one side, and loose sewing tension in places, even crooked seams on one! I can usually count on some of D&co pants to fit right, but some have been bigger, or smaller in the waist, when ordering two and have to return one I'd have kept if it fit. That's very disappointing. I quit watching the shows with Gary just to cut back. I'm tired of watching him stand there and stretch the pants waists! 

Respected Contributor

I agree, and I haven't bought Q fashions for many years..

Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis wrote:

I've never been a person who relies on one or two sources for my clothing needs.  I get around to find things I want and/or need.  I shop the "internet."

This is me too.....this week I got a package from both Kohl's and J C Penney"s....both are shoes and they fit...

I did buy the TSV Lamo boots from here and I was very happy. I decide to get another pair...the ones that had the knitted sock thing attached, but they were out of my size in the color I wanted. Ended up finding them somewhere else on the internet $20 cheaper.

Pays to shop around sometimes....

Honored Contributor

I don't think it is possible to make an item of clothing that is going to compliment everyone from size 2 to size 28. In order to fit the large sizes it is not going to be form fitting enough for the small ladies.

Honored Contributor

ITA