Honored Contributor
Last evening on House hunters was a girl who was a Florida native now living in Wisconsin looking for a house. They were trudging around in the deep snow and she was really complaining about the cold and her cold feet - well she had on open toe big high heels . Wouldn't you think someone would tell the poor girl about wearing boots?
Respected Contributor

Why?

Are people on reality shows supposed to represent bright people?

Honored Contributor

I know this is t.v. and most of it is not real, but it's fun to watch, isn't it??

But, the sad thing is, I know people like this. They seem to be totally unconnected to reality!!!

It's freezing cold --- snowing --- windy -- everyone else is bundled up, and they are prancing around in short skirts -- not tights, no hosiery of any kind, and high-heels --- no gloves, short coat --- no hat --- nothing! Then, they are screeching --- oh, it's so cold --- oh, my --- I'm freezing! Well, duh!!! Meanwhile, the whole thing is such a ploy for attention. It's like --- get a grip!!! You look like a nut! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor
This used to be referred to as " common sense" but in the era of untrammled individualism "common" = "contemptuous". Whether she was freezing or not, she would have undoubtedly taken offense at the suggestion that she trade her frilly lacies for Long Johns.
Honored Contributor

My guess is she dressed for the TV camera; not the weather.

Honored Contributor
On 1/3/2014 siennasoleil said: lol, I'll bet she also wanted granite countertops and "lots of room to entertain". That show does not bring out the best in people!
No she wanted an old fixer upper with charm and he wanted a brand new ranch , and not any neighbors in sight. I often wonder what these people are planning to do outside that they are so vehemently opposed to having neighbors anywhere in sight.
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/3/2014 happy housewife said:
On 1/3/2014 siennasoleil said: lol, I'll bet she also wanted granite countertops and "lots of room to entertain". That show does not bring out the best in people!
No she wanted an old fixer upper with charm and he wanted a brand new ranch , and not any neighbors in sight. I often wonder what these people are planning to do outside that they are so vehemently opposed to having neighbors anywhere in sight.

I would feel so isolated and lonely if I could not look out my window and see neighbors coming and going, people walking their dogs, joggers, etc.

Plus neighbors are the best. We came home late, late from a Christmas Eve family celebration to find our drive, steps and boulevard sidewalk all shoveled by wonderful neighbors. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor
On 1/3/2014 happy housewife said:

I also wonder what these people do in their back yards that they want so much privacy.
Unless they are nudists, I can't see what the problem is. My neighbors are close to me and I rarely see them outside or in their backyards.

Honored Contributor

It sounds like she will fit right in. Around here the big thing is kids wearing shorts and flip-flops in the dead of winter.

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio and I see women wearing open-toed shoes and bare legs all the time in the dead of winter. It looks ridiculous and their beet red, goosebump covered legs don't look very fashionable which is what they are going for buy refusing to wear appropriate legwear in the dead of winter. But they think they look good. {#emotions_dlg.blink}