Respected Contributor

Re: Probably a dumb fashion question but here goes

I would  think anything goes nowadays. I use my black purses in spring and summer.

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother I'm  75 and never bought into silly fashion "rules."

Get what you want in any color you want. I never heard of silly rules about purse colors!! Who cares? Get what YOU like.

Honored Contributor

I live in the sunbelt. Most winter days are mild, usually in 50s but we do get some snow.  Bright colors are the rule.  I probably own 50+ handbags but not a single black one.  I also don't own a single black top, although I do have a couple pairs of pants.  It depresses me to wear black.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm in hot Texas. I always wear black things - clothing, shoes, handbags. I don't think weather matters. I like black. I'm fair and blonde and I disagree with those who think black "washes me out."  I love the contrast. 

Valued Contributor

I am retired and live in Broward County. I use dark colors including black all the time. What matters to me is that my colors are coordinated. Bottom line...I do what pleases me!

Respected Contributor

@fairydogmother  I also live in fl. Most of my life I lived up north in MA. For me, I have not changed wearing black handbags (have 3) & wear them in our cooler months here in November till March but not in our spring or summer heat. My outfits change in the warm weather & so do the color of my handbags.  

To answer your question, No there are no rules to wearing a black handbag anytime of the year in Fl. I do wear them on rare occasions & have seen other women wear them in the heat. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ive lived in Sarasota, FL my whole life. Im not a fashionista however. I only own one main purse at a time, except for a fancy night out or day wedding ( once or twice a year)  where i have a black or silver clutch, my everyday purse has  only been black or dark brown. Economically, i didnt grow up having multiple purses or around folks that did. Was not anything i was exposed to.

With that said...i do not believe there are fashion rules anymore. Seriously, That was a thing in the past, many decades ago. You. do exactly what you want to do. Look around, you will see that others do what they want.. Please dont care about what others think so much.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

In choosing colors for purses I have always been partial to colors of the tan family, camel, cognac, etc., I don't follow trends and wear what I like all year 'round.  

Frequent Contributor

I've lived in SW FL since 2001. I wear what I feel like wearing, color makes no matter. I will even wear leather in summer if it suits me. Those are my "rules".

Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in Arizona and use a black bag most of the year. I don't even own a white or light colored purse and I don't buy colored bags either And I never even buy anything white, not even underwear. Fashion rules don't matter here. You can walk into a 5 star restaurant in shorts and flip flops and no one would bat an eye. I wear what I like, not what time of the year it is. I buy a purse for functionality not by the season but I do gravitate to black purses.