Regular Contributor

Please let us search fashions by exact color name

I've said this for years, written it in suggestion areas and can't figure out why QVC can't (or won't) let us search by exact color name!!  It happens over and over again ... I see a new color offered, say in Denim & Co, and I want to see what other items come in that super pretty color.  But, the system doesn't let you search by that name.  You must pick a generic color group, say purple, and trudge thru all the purple listings and then you're not sure if that purple color you're hunting is actually made in the items that come up (unless, of course, you spend hours opening and closing item descriptions).  So, QVC, why not add specific color names to your Search capability for the Fashion Category??? Makes sense to me ... a looong time customer.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Please let us search fashions by exact color name

@bluehydrangea 

Just a guess here: I do not agree or disagree with your request.

Because keyword searches like this on a highly trafficked site will slow things way down.

They could add it to the color metadata (assuming they already capture that; it's likely the case because the groupings are in the filter), but other than your request, it takes time unless they do it programmatically. And then THAT takes time because there's an hours cost to an already small, possibly overwhelmed, IT department. 

Respected Contributor

I've noticed some color names are the same among all fashion lines on the Q.  It makes matching things a lot easier.💝🌸

Esteemed Contributor

I agree with you @bluehydrangea.  Other sites do this.  I too find it frustrating and brought it up myself years ago.  Guess they are not interested in making the search process easier for customers.

Respected Contributor

This is a good idea if they can make it work.

Respected Contributor

I brought up a very similar topic last year. I agree that if I'm contemplating buying a pair of pants(for instance) in one of Q's lines, I want to see Online - at that same webpage - other pieces in that same collection - the same color or same pattern or the blazer/sweater/top that's in that collection that goes with those pants.

As it is now, Q's webpage of a pair of pants I'm interested shows 12+ (3 rows?) other pairs of pants. I don't need another pair of pants to coordinate with the pants I'm interested in. 

I'd like to see 1 row of alternative pants and 2 rows of coordinating pieces to the pair I'm interested in.

B&M stores keep women's collections together; so should online retailers.

Sometimes Q flashes a coordinating piece during an on-air presentation. I don't watch many on-air presentations. I'd like to see the coordinates in the collection online & on the same webpage as the item I'm interested in.

Searching by exact color name would help, too.

Honored Contributor

@bluehydrangea wrote:

I've said this for years, written it in suggestion areas and can't figure out why QVC can't (or won't) let us search by exact color name!!  It happens over and over again ... I see a new color offered, say in Denim & Co, and I want to see what other items come in that super pretty color.  But, the system doesn't let you search by that name.  You must pick a generic color group, say purple, and trudge thru all the purple listings and then you're not sure if that purple color you're hunting is actually made in the items that come up (unless, of course, you spend hours opening and closing item descriptions).  So, QVC, why not add specific color names to your Search capability for the Fashion Category??? Makes sense to me ... a looong time customer.

@bluehydrangea 

What a GREAT idea!   Thanks for posting it.

Also, if anyone here gets a petition going on this (kidding!) I'll be happy to sign it.