Re: Please go back to the fur styles of a few years ago.

I have Dennis's black sable coat. I bought a large and now need a medium. Everyone ooh's and aah's over it. One woman asked me if it was from New York! I feel fabulous in this coat and Dennis, please bring it back. It is a classic!

Thank you so much!

Kim-in-Calif Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I personally like ""fun furs""...........even have one I have nicknamed ""The Werewolf""...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
New Contributor

I also preferred DB coats from 5-7 years ago. The quality, style and fit seemed to be much better. I haven't seen anything exciting in his QVC line for the past 3 years and I finally gave up on his brand. I discovered Donna Salyers Fabulous Faux Furs at the web-site: www.fabulousfurs.com and I have been very pleased with the quality, fit, style and variety. I find it to be comparable to the Pamela McCoy line. I don't know why one of the shopping channels didn't pick up Pamela McCoy's line...I loved her designs.
Trusted Contributor

Dennis' faux furs used to be a very substantial weight and so warm. For the past few years he is making them lighter but when he's on air he brags about how warm they are. Well I just purchased one that he said was toasty warm and I went outside for 10 minutes in it here in new Jersey, I was not warm at all. It may be good for a fall coat but not the cold winters here on the east coast. So now it goes back. I really dislike when products are misrepresented. Don't they realize if you don't tell the truth you're going to get lots of returns! Tell the truth and then you'll get my business but as for now, I'm not buying.
Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 luvtoshopathome said: Dennis' faux furs used to be a very substantial weight and so warm. For the past few years he is making them lighter but when he's on air he brags about how warm they are. Well I just purchased one that he said was toasty warm and I went outside for 10 minutes in it here in new Jersey, I was not warm at all. It may be good for a fall coat but not the cold winters here on the east coast. So now it goes back. I really dislike when products are misrepresented. Don't they realize if you don't tell the truth you're going to get lots of returns! Tell the truth and then you'll get my business but as for now, I'm not buying.
Exactly! I bought a lightweight, sculpted navy jacket...it is not made for weather below 25 degrees...nope!
Honored Contributor

I have to have the warmest outerwear I can buy because of health issues, and DB fauxs mean the difference between being able to get out of my house or being a hermit during winter weather. I have yet to buy a DB WINTER coat that is not warm enough to get me through the worst, coldest winter NJ weather. I have older styles and styles that are a year old. He usually categorizes truly lighter garments as multiseason or "may be worn over sweater".