Honored Contributor

Re: Pantone Colors for Fall 2014

On 7/15/2014 lovestoteach said:

It's odd, but I am probably one of a small percentage of people whose "power colors" happens to be in the "range" of radiant orchid... since so many choices are usually not colors that enhance my coloring (very fair) I like to use some of the pantone color choices for accessories.

I love radiant orchid and magenta as well. As a blonde with green eyes, this color works well for me.

I have found the pantone color idea to be kind of funny though. By the time Pantone announces the color for the year, designers are done with their lines for that year. Last year emerald green was the pantone color but I really didn't see much of that color out and about while shopping. I started to see it this year more.

Same with radiant orchid. I don't see many clothes in that color but I have seen color cosmetics in that color. A lot of the items being pushed as the pantone color, really aren't. They are close but not exactly it and I think that is luck for the most part being that is a spring/summer shade anyhow.

Honored Contributor

Did anyone really see any ""radiant orchid"" out in the stores ??? Because I didn't. I don't pay any attention at all to whatever Pantone declares ""the color"" of the year or season. I do choose a color story for the season but I choose a color that I like.

Respected Contributor

I don't pay any attention to Pantone's colors except when they are posted on the forum, and I usually don't like them. They always miss for me. The names are prettier than the colors.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/15/2014 MarilynM said:

I don't pay any attention to Pantone's colors except when they are posted on the forum, and I usually don't like them. They always miss for me. The names are prettier than the colors.

... as are the descriptions. The writer has a flair for words and a gift for the dramatic.

Trusted Contributor

I look like a ghost in radiant orchid,but I'll be happy with sangria or cobalt blue. I just pick what fits me.
Respected Contributor

HA! If you watch the home shopping channels, they say every color will be big next season. But then some customers look their best in black trash bags, so your basic black always works.

Honored Contributor

Lipstick Diva... I agree! The color that I noticed this year seemed to fit the spring/summer pallette (sp), and it was Radiant Orchid! I thought, well, finally something for me! Last year, all I ever heard was coral and aqua. I cannot wear most of those -- as in... I am wasting money even purchasing accessories in warm tones. I did not know about Pantone until last year. There are probably some people who might invest in an expensive leather bag in a Pantone color, and ditch it the next year because "that is SO last year".

It seems best for me to invest in colors that enhance my skintone ... for instance... is there someone who really looks outstanding in citron (lime-yellow?) How about pea green... ? Well, maybe.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 2zbeach said: I look like a ghost in radiant orchid,but I'll be happy with sangria or cobalt blue. I just pick what fits me.

My DD HATES purple of any kind. As a child, thinking she was a smaller version of ME, I would try purple on her and, by golly, she was NOT a smaller version of me... she looks best in colors that I can't wear... aqua/peach/brown/blue.

Honored Contributor

This is probably last year, but who cares... so pretty!

Honored Contributor

or maybe this: