Trusted Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

Gabapentin is for the most part a relief for so many including myself when I was in hospital for 3 months.

This is a medication which was originally used for epilepsy.  That is long ago, and it is widely used for years to stop nerve pain.  What do epileptics do?? They "twitch" of course.

So many years ago it went off market for epilepsy and is used for so many things.  Depression, pain, no sleep,  anxiety, you name it.

Everytime I was in the hospital they added gapapentin themselves to the list.

With that said, yes you can have some side effects.  And that is a groggy feeling in the morning would be my only experience which quickly resolves itself.  I know many who love it as does BF.

My only problem with it is I tend to grind my teeth at night and it made it worse.  So I think I will take it earlier in the evening and it will wear off in the morning. Easy.  I think it says 2 hours before bedtime is best.

My sciatic nerve feels so much better on it!  Give it a try.  I tried so many things, nothing worked but this.

Honored Contributor

@Pink123 

Thank you.  The dr said if I feel "foggy" at all to let him know.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma 

Thank you so much.  I really miss seeing your church outfits, but understand and support your decision.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tansy wrote:

My husband and I have two knee replacements each. The surgery is so much easier than it was and your knee will feel so much better, ECBG.  I wouldn't put it off until January.  

@tansy 

I prefer the holiday season to the cold months in retail, but thanks!

@ECBG   

Apologies in advance for an unsolicited and belated comment.  I am just catching up and getting the courage to make this unsolicited comment.  

A year of pain is a long time to wait.  I had to postpone a surgery for a year while I was in terrible pain because I had to change my insurance to get better coverage (I missed the "window" to change the plan, and the different plan would pay thousands $$ more that I didn't have), and I had to save more $$ for an off-network surgeon.  It is a year I really wish I had back.  I was in terrible pain and I was limited in the pain medication I could take, because that could have led to other problems.  You don't know what will happen between now and January 2025.  You may have another accident, who knows.  If I could have financially afforded that surgery earlier and had that time back, I would have taken it.  After I had my surgery, every morning I would wake up and thank God I was not in pain.  Obviously, I am not that familiar with your medical situation, but it sounds like you are mostly bedridden.  You don't know how the PT and pain medication will work.  Obviously, work with your doctor and finances to make the decision that is best for you.  

Wishing you good health and happiness!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

Many thanks. I haven't been bed ridden at all.  I had worked some with the medical boot last summer, then at the end of January, that delicate ankle was still weak and folded under me 2 steps from the bottom; that's when they found the scoliosis and the spinal arthritis.  I was sore all over.  It took a while to get the inflammation down.

I am waiting for my physical therapist to get in touch with me; Medical directions took me off of my feet because of the extreme swelling. I need to build up my walking stamina. I will probably call for my schedule tomorrow, (Monday). 

If the gabapentin doesn't work, then it's on to shots before surgery.  My pain doctor is a surgeon, BTW.

Thanks again.

Esteemed Contributor

Take care @ECBG.  For me NOW is more important than an uncertain tomorrow.  I, like most, have had a lot of setbacks.  But as Muhammed Ali is reported to have said, I am not knocked down; I am just getting up.  Hope you get better soon!

Honored Contributor

Gabapentin is also used for Shingles pain and at a much lower dose for hot flashes/night sweats.  I'm taking it for night sweats since I couldn't afford to pay for Veozah out of pocket.  I have no side effects from it, but it's a very low dose.  I take two capsules and can take up to eight.  

I'm late again with my outfits.  Last Sunday's Outfit.  Top is Jones New York and the pants are Kim Rogers.  Added my sparkle dark grey peep-toe pumps.  I think I finally got a halfway decent selfie with this new phone by playing with the exposure setting although it seems to wash out my hair.  Have to do it every time though.

14 APR 2024 Outfit.jpg

14 APR 2024 Makeup.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

Love the color in your top and the necklace is perfect!!!

Respected Contributor

Outfit and colors look beautiful on you @Icegoddess .   Very nice indeed.  

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Enjoying some time with my family on our yearly beach trip to Florida's Emerald Coast. Rainy yesterday. Supposed to be sunny but cool today. 

Have a Great Week, Everyone!