Trusted Contributor

Re: One World Fans -- Top Value today

I can never buy OW dresses because I am only 5'2" and wear a 1X. I love shopping Evine fashion but this dress.....yeah, I don't know. Have you noticed it doesn't flatter the models? And EVERYTHING flatters the slimmer models lol. Even the lovely Evine hosts look frumpy in it to me. I have been trying to figure it out and I think it might be the flutter sleeves and the placement of the pattern at the bottom of the dress, rather than the middle. I am thinking that the pattern placed on the dress to give an illusion of a waistline would be more flattering? Anyone have the same thought?
Honored Contributor

@TY

I was kind of interested in the dress until I saw the chiffon. I don't need or want chiffon on a house/lounge dress. If I have time I might look for a similar flip flop dress on clearance. I think they might be nice and cool to wear around the house this summer.

I don't own any One World fashions. While I like the idea, most are too busy for my style.

Honored Contributor

Sam did not say it would be a maxi on somebody that was short! Unless of course you're four foot two?! And what jacket are you guys talking about? It's not being sold with a jacket. Were they styling it with one of their elbow sleeve jean jackets?
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
Sam did not say it would be a maxi on somebody that was short! Unless of course you're four foot two?! And what jacket are you guys talking about? It's not being sold with a jacket. Were they styling it with one of their elbow sleeve jean jackets?

Someone added a comment about the TTV onto an old thread.

I think the dress is cute and airy but on me, who wears a 3x, the way it's cut, it would look like a mumu on my body!

Honored Contributor

@Cumbercookie13

It's not you it's the dress. I don't think it's awful but I don't think it's particularly flattering on anyone's shape. The best I've seen is now on Fatima but even she could do better

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Cumbercookie13

It's not you it's the dress. I don't think it's awful but I don't think it's particularly flattering on anyone's shape. The best I've seen is now on Fatima but even she could do better

Fatima does look good. She can wear practically anything.

I do like One World and I have a few pieces. I think the cut of the dress is a little boxy for my shape. I'd wear it as a pool or beach cover-up.