Honored Contributor

Re: Ok so I do not buy expensive handbags ...so what brands do you buy ?

I don't change bags a lot, but Vince Camuto has some pretty smaller styles. Belks coupons a lot of time. Also, in the past I've gotten some pretty bags at TJ Max, but it takes repeated visits. I don't carry large bags.

Honored Contributor

I buy name brand handbags at Goodwill.

Honored Contributor

On 3/30/2014 Scotnovel said:

A couple of weeks ago, I found an original Ralph Laren at a thrift store for $3.99. I will buy Coach but only at outlet prices. As someone mentioned in another post often the Coach outlet will give you a coupon when you go in so I have gotten Coach bags that were 50% off and then another 30% off that marked down price.

I have also purchased bags on sale at places like Dillards. No major designer but just a decent bag at a decent price.

I also make my own - knitted and then felted bags - not for everyone but I always get compliments when I carry them.

Are the Coach bags made for the outlet store or are they vender returns? I know a lot of lines like Ralph Lauren and Chicos manufacture just for their outlet stores and they stock seasonal returns.

Respected Contributor

I don't buy a bag based on the brand name. I know what I like in a bag. It has to light weight before I put anything in it, I like shoulder bags with one strap only and it must have some kind of organization to it with an outside pocket. I do enjoy Vera Bradley bags in the Summer, come Fall/Winter I usually carry a leather bag but I don't think I have ever spent more that $50 for one with sales and coupons and they have held up well.

Trusted Contributor

I rarely pay more than $50 for a bag, and I usually am able to find something I like for $39 or so. I have bought several nice bags from TJ Maxx. Marshall's and Burlington are also good bag sources. I have bought one or two at thrift stores, but I'm very particular about bags I buy there. They have to be very clean and in new or nearly-new condition. Liz Claiborne is a brand I have bought at TJ's and elsewhere and gotten great wear out of. Nice quality/weight faux leather, nice classic and fashion colors, and good internal organization; I have some croco-embossed LC styles that I particularly like.

Esteemed Contributor

Tignanello - - I like their organizer bags.

Respected Contributor

I've always bought lower priced bags.

I've bought at Kohl's (Relic) and Penney's (Nicole by Nicole Miller, Liz Claiborne) in the past, but right now I'm not seeing anything I love.

Macy's has a good selection, but finding something in my price range is challenging.

I want a bone or pale beige handbag (small/medium size, and not crossbody) for summer (PVC, not real leather). I'm still looking!

Respected Contributor

Stone Mountain through ebay.

Respected Contributor

I buy Kipling bags at Macy's when they have a sale and I can use my coupons. Also in Amazon.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

I buy expensive bags at Macy's and Lord and Taylor but ONLY when they have GREAT sales and coupons. I buy Michael Kors and Brahmin bags but I NEVER pay over $100! I also get great deals on Coach bags at the Coach outlets.