Respected Contributor

OT: Memorial For the Fallen Heroes of the Chattanooga Terrorist Attack

It was an amazing turnout; there were literally hundreds of people there from all over the region and even far away, come to pay tribute to the fallen heroes; at 10 p.m. they were still coming. Thousands of mementos had been left - flowers, flags, balloons, teddy bears, crosses, notes, cards, and more; the rain didn't stop them.

Everyone was so polite and respectful; ministries and churches were giving out cold water. I met firemen, police, chaplains, and an Army private, among others.

You can see pictures at the slideshow here; they're in backwards order, for some reason.  (If you know how to fix it, please let me know!) The first ten were taken at the place on Amnicola Highway  where the four Marines and the sailor were killed; I would have expected that it would have the better turnout, but most chose to go to the recruiting offices, maybe because they're more accessible in a strip shopping center, so there was lots of parking.  Even so, there was a half mile or so of cars parked alongside Amnicola.  

Memorial For Fallen Soldiers

Honored Contributor

Re: OT: Memorial For the Fallen Heroes of the Chattanooga Terrorist Attack

Thank you for sharing Arlene.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise