Contributor

Leah should do it! She is great in AM Style, she would be just fabulous in PM Style! She has my vote!

Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Ford1224 said:
On 10/21/2014 Truffle said:

Hopefully, management will select a host with a pleasant voice. Lisa has the quality of tone that is easy on the ears. I can't think of anyone that is presently a host (among the women hosts) other than Mary Beth Roe, Kerstin Lindquist or Carolyn Gracie that also have 'easy to listen to' voices. Maybe it's time for QVC to hire a voice coach. Also, someone that doesn't talk over the guests would be welcome. Lisa can't be replaced; but, there are other talented folks that could do a great job. Alberti would be an excellent co-host - he did a great job with Lisa on The Lisa Robertson Show.

I agree the "voice" is so important. Lisa's voice has such a soothing, mellow quality. I have not seen Kerstin Lindquist, so I can make no comment there, and unfortunately I have to disagree with Carolyn's voice, although not "squeaky" (like so many other hosts) it has a grating, harsh affect to it. So many of the hosts need training in voice modulation.

It can be done. How many female newscasters do you see who have high, squeaky voices? Almost none . . . because voice training is a must in that field.

So true! If women want to make it in certain professions - like public speaking of any kind - they should realize how important it is to have voice training. i probably agree with your analysis of Carolyn Gracie; however, she is calm and doesn't flit around or talk over her guests. And, of course, mannerisms are an important factor, too. For instance, I very quickly turn off the channel when Susan Graver (guest) can't stop talking. The only host that effectively dealt with Susan was Lisa. I have no idea why Susan is considered QVC's top designer. Whomever is selected to host PM Style will have to be able to 'control' Susan as well as Lisa did. Also, the so-called "dancing" to Women In Control is getting very old. And, the incessant uncontrolled laughter on Isaac's show is no longer funny (although I do love Isaac's designs). Maybe it's time for me to discontinue watching the fashion shows on QVC. I hadn't thought of all the negatives until hearing of Lisa's departure.

Contributor
On 10/15/2014 Fortune said:
On 10/15/2014 bks56 said:

I think PM Style needs to be revamped. I think Amy Stran would do a great job hosting PM Style.

Amy needs to lose that Minnie Mouse voice so that people will take her seriously!

Seriously?????? Change her voice? What is wrong with people?????????

Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Marshcat said:
On 10/15/2014 Fortune said:
On 10/15/2014 bks56 said:

I think PM Style needs to be revamped. I think Amy Stran would do a great job hosting PM Style.

Amy needs to lose that Minnie Mouse voice so that people will take her seriously!

Seriously?????? Change her voice? What is wrong with people?????????

I too have a Minnie Mouse voice & I am much older than Amy. It would sound very unnatural & forced if anyone tries to change their voice. Get real!!
Regular Contributor
Is Lisa leaving the Q or just PM show?
Honored Contributor

A couple of the newer ones talk so fast, I don't know how they do it! (I can't think fast enough, lol.) Jennifer C. talks very fast, yet she doesn't seem to make any mistakes. I think I mentioned somewhere else my walking friends and I were discussing fast talkers on the news, and we didn't/don't know of anyone in real life around here who are super-fast talkers. Just thought I'd throw that into the mix Wink ! .......p.s. If I recall, a hundred years ago, we had to take public speaking classes. They were always telling us to 'slow down', enunciate, etc., etc. I hated those classes; but, actually, it's not a bad idea for people out in the public and on TV to take one or two classes. Couldn't hurt.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor
On 10/15/2014 giorgcoco said: I think they should do something completely different. PMS is Lisa's Gig.....there is NO replacing Lisa. I think it's time to do some Brand New hiring.

Bingo!

The PERFECT match? A Joan Rivers/Lisa R combo. Wow! THAT would be a fun show!

"The less you respond to negative people, the more peaceful your life will become."
Regular Contributor
On 10/23/2014 forrest said: Is Lisa leaving the Q or just PM show?

She's leaving the Q altogether.

Trusted Contributor
They could let Shawn do it, especially since her and Lisa are good friends. Lisa just may have some imput into who she thinks it should be. I just hope it's not Courtney, Albany, Jane T., Jayne B. or Amy. Amy talks so fast, half of what she says I can't even understand sometimes, she needs to slow down. I don't even want to go there about Albany! Yikes she's on right now and that voice could wake up Sleeping Beauty, she is more than annoying.......click off goes the Q. Oh, how about Alberti, isn't Lisa his mentor?
Regular Contributor

Please not Courtney or Sandra Bennett. I do not think there is anyone that could replace Lisa on that show, really. She is good at what she does, we have to say. Sandra cannot get her words out sometimes. It drives me crazy. Courtney is too valley girl and silly. I am sure with time she will grow into being more professional, Gabrielle does not show enough about the clothing detail for me. I noticed Issac M. had to keep showing the details himself because she just wasn't thinking about it. I will have to say the last shows I have watched of (the lady who comes on with Carolyn Pollock that is fairly new). I for the life of me cannot think of her name. I will get back to you on that one, but I have noticed she is pretty good with details. I honestly just do not see any of them having Lisa's professionalism and style.

Jennifer Coffey is the host I was thinking of. I think she would do a great job. She has Lisa's style and flair. My vote, Jennifer Coffey or Jayne Brown.