Valued Contributor

we have sizing issues; ordered 12 petite D&C Studio ankle jeans with 25" inseam. Received a pair of 12 regular jeans in packaging that was marked correctly and not "previously opened". Looked at the label "on" the actual jeans and they were 12 regulars 28" inseam. Returned for free exchange which is still being processed. Included a note with return to "verify" size ON jeans AND packaging. They may have a warehouse full of these jeans in the wrong packaging.

Valued Contributor

I also received a Clinton Kelly top that was a size large when the packaging said it was a size medium.

Honored Contributor

Where is the quality control....?

And I'm not talking only about QVC.... this stuff seems to be everywhere and accepted as normal. 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

That's a packaging issue and they do have a lot of them in the wharehouse and there is nothing they can do about it now.  Stuff happens when a retailer makes hundreds of thousands of items, there will be  some errors along the way,  

Esteemed Contributor

But what about the times I ordered an XS and the garment was marked XS and the packaging said XS..... and the item fit me like a Large with sleeves that would fit a gorilla?  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Q4U: Quality Control does not inspect every item that comes in. When I worked QC and I loved that job we did a standard for how many eaches were checked. Do you really expect QC to check 50,000 eaches?

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's an issue of inventory control on the supply chain and there are many areas that can go wrong. From the cut of the garment to the wrong size label being sewn into the garment and the garment package labeled and therefore inventoried incorrectly.

i recently bought a couple of tops from a bricks and mortar store, they were the same style in a different print. Yet one top was a missy XL and one was a L. I laid them on top of each other to measure them. They were the same size. The neck label had 2 different sizes but the inside left seam garment label showed that the tops were the same size.

I think mis-labeled garments end up on the sales racks or end up being returned if bought online as they won't fit.

Honored Contributor

@shoptheQ, if I were you, I would contact QVC about this. Given all the threads about the lack of free exchanges happening, you would be better off flat out returning this and re-ordering.

Also it's my understanding that free exhanges doesn't cover varying lengths because they are under different item numbers.  There have been threads about that as well.

My best guess is they are going to return this item, no exchange and you very well may be charged for the return and your original s/h not refunded.      

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

But what about the times I ordered an XS and the garment was marked XS and the packaging said XS..... and the item fit me like a Large with sleeves that would fit a gorilla?  

They call things like that mistakes...lol   Nothing is the world is mistake proof.  For every unfortunate issue like yours, there are 10,000 of the same garment that were sized and labelled correctly.  If issues like this were a significant problem, shopping channels wouldn't exist.  And I have had This experience; my size 16 pants were tagged correctly but they were 3 sizes too small.  They fit my niece perfectly so I gave them to her.  I cannot count how much I buy from Qvc and I am a realist.  When the occasional clunker happens, I do get mad and then I return the item (or gift it).  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@shoptheQ, if I were you, I would contact QVC about this. Given all the threads about the lack of free exchanges happening, you would be better off flat out returning this and re-ordering.

Also it's my understanding that free exhanges doesn't cover varying lengths because they are under different item numbers.  There have been threads about that as well.

My best guess is they are going to return this item, no exchange and you very well may be charged for the return and your original s/h not refunded.      

@Lipstickdiva, free exchanges only applies when the item number is the same. But it seems from OP's post QVC sent her the wrong pants so it is their mistake. She will just have to make sure they don't charge her for the return/exchange.