Frequent Contributor

Re: NO MORE SUGGESTIONS WHERE TO WEAR, ETC.

Oh I can't help myself... Everything goes with everything. No it doesn't and everything can't be used as a beach coverup. There now i feel better.

Honored Contributor

All the shoppping channels do this, like we are too stupid to know.  I find it insulting.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

@arubakathy wrote:

Oh I can't help myself... Everything goes with everything. No it doesn't and everything can't be used as a beach coverup. There now i feel better.

@arubakathy  The beach coverup catch all phrase is used when all else fails...the top/dress is loose, see through, ill fitting & as a last resort...just “throw it on” over a swim suit.

Esteemed Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

All the shoppping channels do this, like we are too stupid to know.  I find it insulting.

Couldn't agree w/you more.......I find it insulting, too, always have.  And some of the hosts' voices are like they are demanding that you do what they tell you!

Honored Contributor

Maybe if the hosts need to fill time, they can stop asking the models how tall they are and what size they’re wearing. I’d rather know their measurements than where a top hits them on the hip or at the ankle. What does height have to do w/ size?

Honored Contributor

I think all that hype is so hilarious that I just laugh it off-----am quite sure the vendors don't have a freakin clue as to what their customers real lives are like----but  there are those people whose life styles are that luxurious and pay way more than what we see on TV---but we lowly reg people are the cash cows who apparantly, according to what the vendors say--WANT to always go to lunch in NYC or the country club or the formal dinner affairs-wearing their cheaper versions----IMO, of course!  

Respected Contributor

If you don’t want to hear chatter about the items, why not just peruse the web site?
Respected Contributor

They have to do something to fill the time they spend on the item. Maybe that's a wake-up call to shorten the presentations. We really don't need fifteen to twenty minutes  a piece on clothing, especially if the host won't provide viewers with fabric, sizing, home care, and other important information. That's why I do more browsing online so I can get the information.