Honored Contributor

NO MORE SUGGESTIONS WHERE TO WEAR, ETC.

I caught a segment of a Halston show & the host gave half a dozen places/occasions to wear the top....a wedding, luncheon, meet friends for brunch,etc. Selling a lifestyle or a rayon spandex top?

On a Radley bag show, it was suggested that a $300 bag would be a wonderful graduation gift or to send your daughter off to college. Really? 

When my daughter was barely 18, she was not responsible enough to keep track or care for a bag at that price. Graduation gift? Who’s kid do I love that much?

I know it’s a sales gimmick, but at least be somewhat realistic.

Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE SUGGESTIONS WHERE TO WEAR, ETC.

Totally, totally hear you on that!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus

Reason 101 I stopped watching Cat Happy

If they would just stick to the facts of what was being presented, it would probably take up more than enough time.

Most woman can figure out where they can wear an item. 

As to $300 for any bag for a young woman going off to college?  Maybe when she GRADUATES college.  But I don't have a daughter, so what do I know.

It's enough already!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Shanus

Reason 101 I stopped watching Cat Happy

If they would just stick to the facts of what was being presented, it would probably take up more than enough time.

Most woman can figure out where they can wear an item. 

As to $300 for any bag for a young woman going off to collage?  Maybe when she GRADUATES college.  But I don't have a daughter, so what do I know.

It's enough already!

@Witchy Woman  I obviously agree. Just give me the what, not the where.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal, I am in my 70 +year. I cannot ever remember spending 300.00 for a purse for myself or my daughter. My dad always told me it was not the handbag you carry but how much (money) you have inside it!!! LO

Honored Contributor

@sligo wrote:

@qualitygal, I am in my 70 +year. I cannot ever remember spending 300.00 for a purse for myself or my daughter. My dad always told me it was not the handbag you carry but how much (money) you have inside it!!! LO

Yep, I heard the same thing and I'll be 71 this year.  those years just FLEW by. 

Honored Contributor

Keeping in mind that the hosts/vendors have to keep up the chatter for hours on end ... that whole "where you can wear" stuff has turned into a joke.  

(You can actually walk in these shoes!)  Smiley LOL

Maybe they think we've all lived under a rock until we discovered QVC.  (Gary just said you can sit in the car or on an airplane with these pants!)

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Keeping in mind that the hosts/vendors have to keep up the chatter for hours on end ... that whole "where you can wear" stuff has turned into a joke.  

Maybe they think we've all lived under a rock until we discovered QVC.  (Gary just said you can sit in the car or on an airplane with these pants!)

I bolded that.  What a great idea, smacking the forehead, why didn't I think of that?  ROFL

We're just teasing here.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I bolded that.  What a great idea, smacking the forehead, why didn't I think of that?  ROFL

We're just teasing here.

@qualitygal  Well, I’ll definitely purchase those pants and drive around the block a few times. Lol

Respected Contributor

Yes, it's dumb, but I imagine it works in convincing those who are on the fence about buying. People often like an item but aren't sure how they are going to use it, so it's the hosts' job to remind them.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu