Respected Contributor

My review of the DG2 denim blazer tsv from hsn

I can't say enough about it-all bad. 🙁 what a cheap piece of cr@p   Unbelievably I fell for the presentation hype and ordered two, one regular one petite. To compare sleeve length as I have arms on the shorter side. Here's what I thought after receiving them this morning. 

Waaaay to much spandex. Fabric has zero body and hangs like a dishrag. 
Sleeves covered my hands in both regular and petite. Rolling them shows unfinished looking underside.
Speaking of underside, the entire facing, the length of the jacket, flops open unless the jacket is buttoned. It isn't sewn down or even tacked. It looks like fabric is falling out of the jacket when you wear it unbuttoned. 

The slash pockets are SEWN SHUT with no way to open them. I read this on many reviews and it's true. 
Button is the cheapest of the cheap.

Customer reviews are mostly bad by the way. 

I have bought and returned enough items from this brand to have known better. This is the last time. On a related note, I just got the Amy Stran raw edge denim jacket and that's a keeper! Beautifully made, fits like a dream. That's the jacket I'll wear over just about everything. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

Re: My review of the DG2 denim blazer tsv from hsn

@fairydogmother Thanks and glad I dodged that bullet.  I was considering as I love a tailored jacket.  I did buy a classic denim (levi type) jacket at Sam's Club recently...inexpensive and fits like a dream!

Respected Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@fairydogmother Thanks and glad I dodged that bullet.  I was considering as I love a tailored jacket.  I did buy a classic denim (levi type) jacket at Sam's Club recently...inexpensive and fits like a dream!

Yours was a great find! I should look at Sams 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

SOrry to read this @fairydogmother   I wasn't at all thrilled with the design, I was not going to buy this one.

DG used to make great jackets, yes, of stretch ponte but really nice. I bought three (blk, dark navy shadow-like plaid, a maroon).about 3-4 yrs ago, great price and fit. I wear them all the time in the fall/colder months.

Now her stuff is not good-looking, cheaply made and really pricey for what they are so I don't buy anything anymore.

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

SOrry to read this @fairydogmother   I wasn't at all thrilled with the design, I was not going to buy this one.

DG used to make great jackets, yes, of stretch ponte but really nice. I bought three (blk, dark navy shadow-like plaid, a maroon).about 3-4 yrs ago, great price and fit. I wear them all the time in the fall/colder months.

Now her stuff is not good-looking, cheaply made and really pricey for what they are so I don't buy anything anymore.

I agree with the decline in quality and design. Also, since I wrote this review, more reviews have posted on hsn and they are 4-5 stars. Go figure.

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I've stayed clear of DG2 for several years now.  I would always get dragged in to the selling antics........finally learned my lesson.  I only have 2 pairs of her Virtual Stretch jeans left in my closet, everything else has been donated or trashed.  Too inconsistent in sizing also.   Sorry it didn't work out for you @fairydogmother , I know there is always that glimmer of hope.......

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal @The glimmer of hope, haha yep that certainly factored in. 

I can't say enough GOOD things about my non-blazer denim jackets though. I mentioned the Amy Stran one already. My women with control jacket is also very nicely made, fits well. 
If anyone is interested the Nina Leonard denim jacket I bought from hsn a while back is pretty and very well constructed. It's a gorgeous cherry color. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother Thank you for your review.  I did not buy it.  Your comments are exactly what I thought that DG2 denim blazer would end up being in person.  Way too much stretch and no body at all.  I looked at photos of all the model sizes and it looked horrible to me.  

These brands are going too far with all the stretch in some items.  When they stretched that blazer out so that it looked like it could fit an entire 2nd person, that's not a blazer, in my opinion.  

Sorry it was so bad.

Respected Contributor

When I return the blazers I'm going to mark them defective just for the inability to open the pockets. They need to reimburse me for shipping. 

Harmonize the World
Esteemed Contributor

I stopped buying or looking at her fashions years ago because of the spandex....which was too much in my opinion.