Honored Contributor

@Great Hair in Dallas

We are raining here too near Arlington. I will post more pictures of my finds and what I am trying to incorporate for me.

If you are interested in her "dragon" jacket (that type) I have been looking for "Chinese Souvenir" jackets!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: My NEW STYLE ICON

[ Edited ]

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Above: Tatooed organza souvenir jacket

image.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

THANK YOU, @LTT1.Loving her Blog!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor
@BARBIE100

So happy to anyone having fun with this!
Esteemed Contributor

I know the model has to sell the look but it's like she's trying to get the message across that she's a young boy.  I like black with white but not all the time nor everyday.  If a person likes the look then okay, if you're a different kind of gal who like others looks, then enjoy. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece

Its just a refreshingly different look for me.

Thousand dollar jackets, etc, are out of my price range.

Incorporate what you like and have fun with it -- no rules!

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@Puzzle Piece

Its just a refreshingly different look for me.

Thousand dollar jackets, etc, are out of my price range.

Incorporate what you like and have fun with it -- no rules!

Hi LovesToTeach

No rules of course except where one works or places one goes.  I wouldn't be well appreciated where I volunteer wearing the casual shoes and some of the items shown. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Contributor

Good morning and loved your idea of the dragon jacket. 

To that end - I found an Oriental dragon print bomber jacket by Ruby Rocks for $63.00 on Polyvore.com.  They are sold out but a waiting list is apparently available.

Have a great day!  Not raining over here.  Hope you have the same.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1

Thank you SO much for this thread and introducing Lyn Slater!

It was just what I needed. I've been madly purging out my closet and donating: so many things that ONCE were fun, but so many things that don't go together, no longer suit me. I've settled on a new start, this fall, beginning with black and white and denim (lovely to see Lyn Slater rock those!). Lots of simple Eileen Fisher. Love the kimono style jackets, tunic tops, slim pants.

And, as others have mentioned, I adore her hair!

I'm using shoes, handbags and scarves for color this fall. Next year, who knows. 

It's not just about being true to your style, but recognizing you might want to adopt a NEW style! Life's short, experiment.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 @lolakimono @catlover @shoesnbags @crystaltree2 & other fashion thinkers/doers:

I was so intrigued with this woman, Lyn Slater, that I explored her blog. Wonderful! But little information about her.

Researched her and found another kindred spirit: a professor! (I used to be a lawyer, now a PhD social scientist, studying people). Here's what I found, for those interested in the woman behind the fashion shots, article written last year:

At an age when many people are thinking about retirement, Lyn Slater has launched a whole new career—as a style blogger. At 62, she’s in her second year of blogging, while maintaining a successful full-time career as a professor of law and child welfare at Fordham University. Yes, we want to be her when we grow up.

Slater’s blog, Accidental Icon, is less than a year old, but she’s already been featured on Advanced Style, has collaborated with Uniqlo, and has hinted on her Instagram (which, by the way, has 17.2k followers) that she’s got something coming up soon with Refinery29.

In the spare time that she somehow carves out, she’s been taking classes at Fashion Institute of Technology in subjects including jewelry design, social media, styling and branding. She also loves spending with her daughter and granddaughter, and taking advantage of NYC’s many art galleries and museums.