Honored Contributor

Monday 8/3 LOGO Show - Anyone Buy Anything?

I do love LOGO clothes and last night's show was one with even more temptation than I usually have.  I bought three pieces:  the first LOGO Lounge (love Lounge! - so comfy!)

top with lace and buttons in both antique white and pink dusk.  I just know I'll like that one.  And then the plaid twin set in blue.  I usually don't buy her twin sets because I'm a size medium and the tops always fit fine but the Logo Layers tanks are too tight in the hips.  I can squeak by wearing them underneath the top but can't ever wear them on their own, and they are a little tighter than something I like to wear comfortably.  The larges are always too big in the tops and even a little too big in the tank. So those twin sets usually don't work for me.  However, I couldn't resist Lori's take on plaid and the blue was so pretty. 

I was also tempted by the color block top shown last night but didn't get it since I was already spending a lot, esp. from one show.  I also bought two of her items over the weekend although not her TSV which I didn't like. Over the weekend I bought the striped top in both the black and alabaster and the charcoal and bluestone.

And the kicker is....I didn't need any of this!  I hope the plaid twin set fits OK.

Honored Contributor

Re: Monday 8/3 LOGO Show - Anyone Buy Anything?

I watched it.  I was impressed!  Better then usual.  Very unique tops.  Gorgeous colors!  That ivy green sweater was amazing. So many things were sold out so fast.  I've said it before.  Lori creates the best colors in all of QVC. 

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

I was also tempted by the color block top shown last night but didn't get it since I was already spending a lot, esp. from one show.  I also bought two of her items over the weekend although not her TSV which I didn't like. Over the weekend I bought the striped top in both the black and alabaster and the charcoal and bluestone.

And the kicker is....I didn't need any of this!  I hope the plaid twin set fits OK.

I did get that color block top with the faux suede in Ash Rose/Smoky Taupe.  I totally love the color combo and I just got my Ebates check that I converted to a QVC gift card, so it was a nearly free purchase!

That alleviated any guilt as I usually put a stop to the spending on myself for things I don't need this time of year.   With the clearance purchases on fall/winter items I made over the summer, I need absolutely nothing for the upcoming colder months.

Now, all I have to do is stop "window shopping" and temping myself and I'll be good! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Interesting -- I didn't see anything that really appealed to me or that I thought would look flattering on me.  Almost bought the Logo Lounge cardigan, but it looked like it pulled down the center.   I just bought her recent TSV, so curious to see how that looks on me.  Her prices are getting way too high for me too.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Thisismynickname wrote:

.  Almost bought the Logo Lounge cardigan, but it looked like it pulled down the center.

@mnmom

I have that Lounge cardigan in every color of it that I wanted (four I think) and love it. It doesn't pull down the center, although I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's terrific.

Funny, they all fit me great in medium except the black color which was larger than the rest, so I exchanged that one for a different color (mink gray) after I received it.  I love the peach colored one which I have - great for spring when it's a little chilly!

Honored Contributor

@kzjohnson wrote:

I did get that color block top with the faux suede in Ash Rose/Smoky Taupe.  I totally love the color combo and I just got my Ebates check that I converted to a QVC gift card, so it was a nearly free purchase!

@kzjohnson

Oh please let me know what you think of that color block top when it arrives. That's the color I was going to get too - I even had it in my cart but knew I was going overboard budget-wise.  It was when it was in my cart that I remembered I'd ordered the two pieces over the weekend and so I took it out, but I'm curious what you'll think of it.  For myself, I'm not a big fan of faux suede, which is what put me off on the TSV over the weekend, which I would have liked had it had sleeves the same fabric as the rest of it.

I like that top you ordered a lot better than that colorblock baseball shirt style top she had on over the weekend. There's something just too casual about that baseball style that makes me never order one.

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered the color block top with pockets in the sand/black and the lounge top with lace in the cream color. Hope they go with the leggings I bought last week with the tuxedo stripes. It will be at least a week before I receive since I am an outpost area. Although many would disagree on these forums, they look fashion forward to me. And, no, I am NOT hiding my body! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
New Contributor

hi I am new to this blog so forgive me

I loved many of Lori's items ~~ I need nothing also but I am tired of her and susan gravers prices going up and up  I like the prices of Denim N Co  better

thats really why I dont order...anyone else feel as I do??

BUT????????? I have had one long op of loris  been too hot to wear it to see if I will love it  soon enough I will give it a try!! HAHAH

Honored Contributor

@SUSIESHOPPER wrote:

hi I am new to this blog so forgive me

I loved many of Lori's items ~~ I need nothing also but I am tired of her and susan gravers prices going up and up  I like the prices of Denim N Co  better

thats really why I dont order...anyone else feel as I do??

BUT????????? I have had one long op of loris  been too hot to wear it to see if I will love it  soon enough I will give it a try!! HAHAH

Welcome SUSIESHOPPER.   (By the way, this is the discussion forum. The blogs on this board are different things).

I agree the D&C prices are lower, but then they are totally different.  They are much more traditional clothing styles which are fine, but Loris are more chic clothes in my opinion. And definitely more expensive.   I like D&C and it's good quality for sure, but I've found that I can buy similar clothes at Target for much less money than D&C and no S&H charges. D&C are real basics, not funky attention getters.

Trusted Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Thisismynickname wrote:

.  Almost bought the Logo Lounge cardigan, but it looked like it pulled down the center.

@mnmom

I have that Lounge cardigan in every color of it that I wanted (four I think) and love it. It doesn't pull down the center, although I'm not sure what you mean by that. It's terrific.

Funny, they all fit me great in medium except the black color which was larger than the rest, so I exchanged that one for a different color (mink gray) after I received it.  I love the peach colored one which I have - great for spring when it's a little chilly!

Thanks for that info, Pearlee! In the pic on the website, It looked like the front seam (with the snaps) was kind of puckered and pulling up. I will go back and see if any are available in my size.  I prefer the more substantial Logo fabrics.