Honored Contributor

Re: Models Wearing Clothing Too Small

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl wrote:

It's not just the models who are sausage casinged into the clothes, the hostesses are quite often wearing a size too small as well.

It's been this way "forever" but the last few years has been getting worse.  I blame the "stylists" or dressers backstage.  Apparently the models have no choice ... but I'm assuming the hosts are responsible for their own attire.

The clothes should not be stretched and pulling through the shoulders and bustline, or stretched arouund the upper arm.  When I learned to use patterns and to sew, they also taught me how clohtes were supposed to fit.  

Respected Contributor

I always feel badly for Jacqui, the large model because she rarely gets to wear the correct size.  Those in charge put her in too tight clothing most times.

I get the impression the designers would prefer the models and hosts wear their correct size.  Louis', Bob M., SG, models wear clothes that fit.  I have seen Bob M. and Isaac tell  the host they most frequently work with that they need to go up a size.  It seems so simple to me that I cannot understand why this continues to be an issue.

Valued Contributor

Yes!  I especially see the hosts and models on the Women with Control presentations wearing clothing that is too small for them.  Perhaps they are given samples in only certain sizes and they have to just try and fit into them.  It is definitely not flattering.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with the tight clothes on the models.We all know that they are tall,thin and beautiful,but tight clothes does not do them justice.

Respected Contributor

@kelsey17 I do not think I have ever seen ill fitting clothes on models on her show. I have observed that Jessica(?) the larger red-haired young lady always looks super-super (SGs phrase Smiley Happy ) lovely. out shining the thinner models at times. I would think a savvy salesperson would insist on proper fit. I imagine staging the presentations is hectic though.

Of course an item too large can look really bad , but I have never observed that in any presentations. I find in real life scenarios too small is usually the fashion mistake .

Personally I find about a 5lb gain or loss can make a difference in fit . So I guess that figures in to it also. 

Esteemed Contributor

What kind of a comment is that? I think by now we all know the models names. She was just making a statement. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

It's not just the models who are sausage casinged into the clothes, the hostesses are quite often wearing a size too small as well.

That's the gospel ! Probably 2

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I always feel badly for Jacqui, the large model because she rarely gets to wear the correct size.  Those in charge put her in too tight clothing most times.

I get the impression the designers would prefer the models and hosts wear their correct size.  Louis', Bob M., SG, models wear clothes that fit.  I have seen Bob M. and Isaac tell  the host they most frequently work with that they need to go up a size.  It seems so simple to me that I cannot understand why this continues to be an issue.

Kudos to Isaac he trys to get certain people to look better and show case his goods in a better light. You can tell he's not vain and is trying to get others to accept themselves.

Valued Contributor

Yes!  It is funny because I am Jackie's twin except I am 5'1" and wear a sm.  Don't laugh, whatever she wears I can judge if I will look good in.  She makes the clothes look good, if they are, becauses she wears the right size!  Love ys, Jackie!

Valued Contributor

Sorry in my previous reply I use incorrect with Jacqui's name.  I disagree she wears clothes too sm.  The times I see her in something not flattering, I really don't like the clothes but we can agree to disagree.  Thanks