Honored Contributor

I find that my closet used to be from mainly four places: Coldwater Creek, Land's End, L.L. Bean, and Loft.

Lately I find that I have more brands (mixing and matching) that I've collected here and there.  I first paid attention a few weeks ago when I came home from the gym wearing a Reebok logo tee, UA bra, Nike pants, Adidas socks, and Ryka sneakers.

Do you find that with more online shopping, your outfits are coming from all diferent places?

Yesterday's outfit was this:

GAP-

Utility swing jacket

Crown & Ivy- (Belk)

Theodora & Callum- (Nordstrom Rack)

Pistil blossom belt-

L.L.Bean Signature jeans-

Signature Skinny Ankle Jeans, Favorite Fit

Converse socks-

Image result for converse all star low cut socks

Bucketfeet shoes-

Esteemed Contributor

It's funny. I shop fewer places since I do so much online shopping. Ordering online is always tricky since you can't try clothes on first. Consequently, I find certain brands/lines that work for--and I know how they're likely to fit--so I tend to not venture to "unknown" places on the internet where there will be more uncertainty about sizing. My closet is full of clothes from QVC, Talbots, and Lands End---almost exclusively. Interesting post, @lolakimono

Honored Contributor

I agree.  Most of my closet is Macys, Dillards and HSN.  I know the brands that fit me best from these places both size wise and style wise.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mix & Match Brands

[ Edited ]

My clothes are mostly from Loft and Anthropologie.  I shop at those two places both online and in the stores.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

As far as online shopping goes, I mainly order from QVC.  Occasionally, I'll order from Younkers or Lands End.  I know what size to order, so fewer places works better for me.

Honored Contributor

Because I'm tall and I know how the clothing will fit, I've been a diehard JCP shopper for over 30 years.  I have been expanding my horizons with some of their brands, but that probably doesn't count.

I tend to experiment more with shoes/boots when it comes to shopping sites.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor
My closet is overflowing, most items bought over 18-24 months ago, or longer. The majority is from Linea (QVC), Lands End, and JCP, with a few odd brands stuck in there to round things out (Kohl's, Macy's, etc.). I am another who doesn't want to risk online ordering from too many places due to sizing differences.
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: Mix & Match Brands

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

I find that my closet used to be from mainly four places: Coldwater Creek, Land's End, L.L. Bean, and Loft.

Lately I find that I have more brands (mixing and matching) that I've collected here and there.  I first paid attention a few weeks ago when I came home from the gym wearing a Reebok logo tee, UA bra, Nike pants, Adidas socks, and Ryka sneakers.

Do you find that with more online shopping, your outfits are coming from all diferent places?

Yesterday's outfit was this:

GAP-

Utility swing jacket

Crown & Ivy- (Belk)

Theodora & Callum- (Nordstrom Rack)

Pistil blossom belt-

L.L.Bean Signature jeans-

Signature Skinny Ankle Jeans, Favorite Fit

Converse socks-

Image result for converse all star low cut socks

Bucketfeet shoes-

@lolakimono******Lola, I just quit Belks after five years just before Christmas.  Just wanted to tell you that Crown and Ivy is a "house brand" and the sizing can be all over the place.  If you have any questions about the brands there, I'll be glad to help any of you.  They do have several house brands, not just one and they're OK, not fantastic.

I have found the house brands at Dillards are a cut above in every way.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:
My closet is overflowing, most items bought over 18-24 months ago, or longer. 

@Snicks1

IIRC, it was you who liked this (in case you want to add to the overflow):

http://www.qvc.com/Studio-By-Denim-&-Co.-Elbow-Sleeve-Color-Block-Knit-Top.product.A274912.html?sc=A...

Just a heads up that it's on "clearance" now.

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono, thanks for the heads up, I do like the top, but don't really want it, lol. It's at a much more reasonable price now though. Your memory is really amazing. I am determined to not buy (except for special occasions), until my closet is much more manageable in size. There is absolutely no way that I need this many clothes! ROFL

"To each their own, in all things".