Esteemed Contributor

Re: Melania's dress at the Liberty Ball

@Stray thank you.

Honored Contributor

Cnn saying Jason Wu designed Melania's gown and was excited to have it under his name. I missed part but were they saying he has designed under Carolina Herrera before?

Shoot, guess I'll have to catch it later.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

How lovely!

Honored Contributor

Melania's dress was designed by someone who worked for C. Herrera and now designs on his own....didn't catch the name but has dressed other political figures and famous people.

Esteemed Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Melania's dress was designed by someone who worked for C. Herrera and now designs on his own....didn't catch the name but has dressed other political figures and famous people.

@phoenixbrd- Herve Pierre....but it was a collaboration with Melania....Herve is in NYC and worked 14 years for CH and prior to that the House of Balmain.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Now, who designed Ivanka's dress?

@Snoopp- Carolina Herrera

Esteemed Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

Inaugural Ballgown... I'm confused...

IMG_6261.JPGIMG_6260.JPGIMG_6259.JPG

More views... Carolina Herrera?

@LTT1- Herve Pierre who worked for Carolina Herrera 14 years but he collaborated with Melania who had a hand in the design..

Valued Contributor

Loved Melania's dress tonight too! Ivanka was absolutely stunning--both hair and dress. That whole family is gorgeous. I had a good laugh at the dance though. As another posted[previously mentioned, box step dancers. They seemed to enjoy themselves though. I so was hoping the President would do a classic move like tapping the Vice President's s shoulder and cut in and dance with each other's wife. Would have been hysterical and cute!
Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Cnn saying Jason Wu designed Melania's gown and was excited to have it under his name. I missed part but were they saying he has designed under Carolina Herrera before?

Shoot, guess I'll have to catch it later.

@on the bay- Harper's reports Herve Pierre who designed under CH for 14 years and Balmain before.  It was a collaboration with Melania. 

Esteemed Contributor

Did anyone hear the singer goof?  He started to sing and stopped.