Respected Contributor

Meghan, Harry and Doria at cookbook launch

Meghan Markle, Prince Harry, and her mother Doria Ragland are all out for an event today. The three are welcoming the women of Hubb Community Kitchen at Kensington Palace to celebrate the launch of the women's cookbook—and Meghan's first project as a royal. Hubb Community Kitchen's Together: Our Community Cookbook, with a foreword written by Meghan, will raise money for the kitchen so it can operate full-time.

To celebrate the release of the cookbook, the Duchess of Sussex invited the women whose recipes are featured in the collection to prepare some of the dishes at Kensington Palace for guests. The women, survivors last year's Grenfell fire, are from Hubb Community Kitchen, a space they created to make and share meals in the wake of the tragedy.

Meghan wore a bright blue coat by Smythe, a Tuxe sleeveless top, and a pleated skirt by Misha Nonoo, one of her close friends.

Meghan Markle with her mom, Doria Ragland

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Meghan, Harry and Doria at cookbook launch

Every time I see a photo of her I notice how very thin she is. Now I see that it's that she has her Mother's tiny frame. Ahhh to be that tiny, even for only a day, just to see how it feels!

Honored Contributor

The other day watched Meghan participate in cooking helping this charity. She is hands on with her efforts. More see her what's not to admire. Fine example! 

Wonderful Doria joining the: Duke and Duchess of Sussex. Think she moved? 

I know how wonderful it is to be living close to my Son and his family. 

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Every time I see a photo of her I notice how very thin she is. Now I see that it's that she has her Mother's tiny frame. Ahhh to be that tiny, even for only a day, just to see how it feels!

Mother and Daughter...workout and it shows. Firm toned bodies. 

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting. I hope Doria will be able to join the Duke and Duchess of Sussex permanently and be a part of their everyday lives.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Meghan looks nice, but the real star today is Doria! She is dressed beautifully for the occasion; she looks happy and comfortable. Meghan must be thrilled to have her by her side.

Doria was dressed in a beige sweater, slacks, ankle-strap pumps, and a shawl for the occasion. She appeared to fit right into the royal setting, and introduced herself to guests as "Meghan's mom," according to ITV News' Chris Ship.

She also said she was "head over heels" with pride over her daughter, The Telegraph's Hannah Furness reported.

Meghan Markle, Doria Ragland and Prince Harry

The Duchess announced the cookbook as her first royal initiative only a few days ago. The lunch is setup with gorgeous flowers across the tables, and Meghan is seen interacting (and serving food!) with the women. Harry also joined Doria and Meghan at the event, though he's letting Meghan and her mom have the spotlight.

Harry and Doria applauded proudly after Meghan gave a speech at the launch of a cookbook with recipes from a group of women affected by the Grenfell Tower fire at Kensington Palace

Image result for doria ragland at cookbook launch

Meghan even gave a speech about the cookbook's "tremendous labor of love" as Prince Harry stood to the side admiring his wife as she thanked everyone who made the book possible.

Respected Contributor

I've got to say it again .. I love these two .... add in the Mother .. Bonus ....

They all look great ....and happy .....

Respected Contributor

Anybody that can make the Queen smile must be doing something right .....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

A better look at Meghan's outfit ......

Meghan speaks to guests at the launch

Meghan holds her hand up to a child as she and Prince Harry gather for a family picture during the launch of the cookbook

Love Doria's shawl, pretty color ......

Camel has been called the color of the season this year after being spotted on multiple catwalks at London and Paris Fashion Weeks, and today Doria proved her fashion credentials in a chic ensemble in the popular shade 

Ms Ragland greeted the waiting guests including Hubb coordinator Zahira Ghaswala, with the words: 'Hi, I'm Meg's mom'

Honored Contributor

@Big Joanie wrote:

I've got to say it again .. I love these two .... add in the Mother .. Bonus ....

They all look great ....and happy .....

I agreeSmiley HappyThey look so happy.  Her mom seems to kind and sweet you can see it in her face.  Not sure how they walk in heels in the grass though lol.  My heels sink.