Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Beth & D & Co

[ Edited ]

I ❤️ watching her on D&C shows! I especially ❤️ that she goes through colors several times. D&C has so many that I like to see them a couple times to make my decision. I spent a little more than planned on D&C this week, but that's okay. Spring is in the air!!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Valued Contributor

I agree, Marybeth is to me, the best host QVC has. So down to earth. I hope the Q knows how lucky thay are to have her. Wish I could catch more of her shows. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes, Mary Beth is a wonderful host - so easy to watch and listen to.  She is a natural - it's like having a conversation with a friend.  Who remembers Boyd's Bears that were sold on QVC years ago?  Their vendor Gary was kind of off the wall hysterical!  And Mary Beth seemed to be his host of choice.  The two of them together were so funny.  And even if you weren't buying anything, it was a great hour of entertainment watching Mary Beth blush and just lose it in laughter and happy tears!  There must be videos on YouTube of the 2 of them!  I'm smiling now just thinking of those presentations!

Honored Contributor

I always liked her with the host of Liz Claiborne who now went to work for Northern Nights linens.  They were friends and both acted like they had some sense and were pleasant and calm to watch.

None of this hopping around and acting like you forgot to take your meds.

Respected Contributor
It was a very pleasant show! I didn't buy anything because the pricing was a bit high but it was nice just to see her present by herself which meant more time to show specs. The powers that be should take a hint and have more shows without vendors and put more faith in their hosts to sell alone without the yelling and hard sell tactics. People will buy if they want to.
Respected Contributor
I saw the show and enjoyed watching MB . She is the ultimate PRO and an excellent host in every way..👍
Trusted Contributor

I haven't watched the Q in the evening in MONTHS!  I was flipping stations, landed on QVC, saw MBR & I was  pleasantly surprised, so I ended up watching the entire D&C show.  How refreshing to see & listen to her.  Wow! Would absolutely love more of that!!  

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also watched the show and thought that MB did an excellent job.  My only issue was when she was selling the poly spandex gingham blouse, I noticed that she didn't want to use the word poly.  I can't wear poly as it doesn't breathe and I get too hot, so this is an important factor in deciding whether to buy or not.

My other issue with the show was with the producer and the annoying music, when he or she was trying to get MB to move to the next product.  I LOVED that MB  just continued with the presentations until she was done. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with the posters...Mary Beth is a pleasure to watch!!  I rarely watch QVC anymore and never watch an entire show!  Main reason is because I hate the poor presentation skills of many of the hosts  --  so I buy off the website.

But last night's show was presented in a calm and enjoyable manner.  She did not need to use silly words nor unnecessary dancing nor boring family stories to present the products.      

I have always thought that Mary Beth should be the foremost trainer for new hosts.  And frankly, there are several long tenured hosts that still need training...help them, Mary Beth!!!

Respected Contributor

I disagree.  Mary Beth is a pleasant lady but she is as interesting as white bread.  Her hmmms, ahhs and other stutters are annoying.  3 hours was too much.  Perhaps she should stay behind the scenes.