Esteemed Contributor

MY FIRST SPRING/SUMMER FASHION PURCHASE WILL BE...

I will be on the lookout for a dressy pair of ankle pants. I don't have a vision of fabric or color yet, but I will know it when I see it.

I should add that ankle pants are a difficult purchase for me. I like them to be very slim fitting (especially at the ankle).

What will you be adding to your wardrobe?

Super Contributor

Re: ""MY FIRST SPRING/SUMMER FASHION PURCHASE WILL BE...""

I love my Bob Mackie ankle pants, I have them in royal blue. Would love more colors.

Esteemed Contributor

A new swimsuit, a new summery handbag, and at least 3 new pair of shoes.

I'm sure I'll buy some clothes, but these are my Must Haves.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

I just made my first spring/summer purchase - - some striped short sleeved T-shirts. One had spearmint green stripes. That seems to be one of the summer colors this year. I've seen it in several catalogs.

Super Contributor

Although I am committed to make 2014 a "year without clothes shopping", I have to have clothes that fit. I got rid of several bags of Fall/Winter coats at the beginning of the season, now I need to go through my Spring jackets to see if anything fits. If I discover I don't have any that work, my first spring/summer purchase will be a jacket that fits properly.

I am wearing a new jacket today, ordered online before Thanksgiving, and the fit is problematic as the bust/shoulder area is too large. I have a lightweight silk mockneck on under it; a heavier sweater under it may work better.

Honored Contributor

I really don't know. LOL If we go on vacation as originally planned in the beginning of May, I will need some new casual clothing. If that doesn't happen, our first weekend trip will be at the end of May to one of the local islands and depending on the weather, I may need a swimsuit. Heck around here I could still be wearing a winter coat at that time. {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

Sunscreen!

Honored Contributor

Lola - have another snow day? It's bitterly cold here but no snow.

I don't know what my first purchase will be. I am managing to exercise great restraint on the shopping front.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2014 Bird mama said:

Lola - have another snow day? It's bitterly cold here but no snow.

Yes- lots of cleaning going on. {#emotions_dlg.bored}Yesterday we ran the vacuum without having to worry about disturbing our furry one.

It is bitterly cold, so we've been under the down comforter with the electric blanket on during rest breaks.

Trusted Contributor

I want a new spring trench coat and some black peep toe wedges.