Valued Contributor

Re: MAKING A REQUEST OF LOUIS DELL'OLIO

I agree with this request. The split skirts looked great with boots. Skirt has to be fairly slim/tailored so one doesn't look wider and longer for boot length. I still remember a gorgeous wool one I bought in Paris in 1968, with a matching vest, the prettiest outfit I ever owned in my life.
Occasional Contributor

LADIES...THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR THE CORRECTION WITH MY TERMINOLOGY. I really meant the Gaucho skirt. Which I loved. I also really appreciate the photos the ladies in Big Valley...that's exactly the look that I was talking about. I also appreciate the patterns that folks posted. Most women that I knew loved that look. I know that fashions come and go but I feel like I've waited too long for this one to come back. Because of Louis Dell'Olio's attention to detail, I thought that he would be the perfect designer to make it look stunning and classy for us that truly enjoyed the look and would like to wear it again. Thanks again ladies. I really hope that one day he'll do it for us.

Super Contributor

I think Big Valley inspired that look and it was short lived. Those are western style riding skirts. Probably not something LDO is planning to design but they can be purchased online at sites that sell western riding gear.

Occasional Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Sheesh said:

What is a "split skirt"? How does it differ from, say Palazzo or Gaucho Pants? Is is a long "skort"?

Yes....thank you so much for the correction with my terminology. That's exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for your kindness.

Occasional Contributor

On 8/1/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

I think Big Valley inspired that look and it was short lived. Those are western style riding skirts. Probably not something LDO is planning to design but they can be purchased online at sites that sell western riding gear.

Thank you so much for this tip. I going to check in out today. I appreciate your help with this. This photo is exactly the type of thing that I'm looking for.

Occasional Contributor

On 7/30/2014 HAPPY LADY said:
On 7/30/2014 CheyKathleen said:

Here is Victoria Barkley and Audra Barkley wearing the skirts referred to by OP-ATOY.

Where in the world did you find this picture? Linda Evans was really thin there; Barbara Stanwick never gained weight. I had a horse farm at one time and had skirts similar to these and we simply called them ""riding skirts"" because they have extra pleats inside the inverted V so when you swing your leg up to get on the horse your leg doesn't get stuck in mid air and tear crotch seam. I realize this is too much information.

This is exactly the look that I'm trying to achieve. Thank you so very much for your help. Have a wonderful weekend.

Occasional Contributor

On 7/30/2014 NanaS said:

what you show in the pictures above are too too full. I remember the ones I had were in denim and not full at all. They look fantastic with a leather or suede boot !!

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so very much. I'm so happy that so many people are willing to help me with the look that I'm attempting to achieve. This is the sort of thing that I'm looking for. Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

Super Contributor

On 8/1/2014 ATOY said:
On 8/1/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Beige Western Style Riding Skirt

Thank you so much for this tip. I going to check in out today. I appreciate your help with this. This photo is exactly the type of thing that I'm looking for.

ATOY, this particular one is on a site http://www.annneve.com/western-women-wear/beige-western-style-riding-skirt/

I've never bought from them but they have this in black and brown as well as the beige.

Respected Contributor

They called them Gaucho pants in '67. I know because I had a red pair with a matching bolero. Met a special man (didn't last) wearing them. I've met every love when I was wearing red. I should just wear red clothes all the time.

I can't imagine Louis being able to sell the idea to the Q but ask away.