Respected Contributor

Re: Lularoe clothing Anyone?

Material "pills" .... beware~!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm finding the website to be rather vague.

First it says she was inspired by dress wholesalers to sell to friends and family liquidated end of season pieces and then goes on to say she dreamed of her own clothing line....

which is it?

Not a fan of the pictured pieces....

IRMA

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't really figure out exactly how it works.  I was just looking around because someone on FB mentioned it but then she said something about having to get approved to join some group. 

I googled the Carly dress.  I'm not even sure how much it is but I just bought a couple of long sleeve swing dresses from Old Navy for $9.99.  One is shorter and I wore it over leggings with knee high boots and the other is just below my knee and I wore it with black out tights and boots.  The Carly dress looks very, very voluminous.   I saw some on e-bay going for $60.00, some for $30.00 and everything in between.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

It's a tried and true business model that, with the right product, can be successul...

@beach-mom

edited to add that it could be if it were more like the 2 I mentioned...

It seems a good idea in our present retail climate...I bet others will follow suit.

but you don't get to choose the color?! That's a bit weird...

@Andreatoo - I'll ask DD more about it when I see her. But as I understand it, the sellers don't know which colors or prints the company will send them. I know DD was waiting a long time for one of her friends to post a plain black pair of leggings. Finally she got one. When it came it was the wrong size she had bought. So she sent it back to her friend (the seller). Her friend contacted some other sellers and was finally able to send DD the right size.  Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

Timely conversation:  a couple of my friends have just started as consultants and are very active posting on Facebook.  I did buy a pair of leggings and they are velvety soft.  Her recommendation is to wash inside out and hang to dry--I am okay with that recommendation as I do that with other delicate pieces of clothing.  I don't think that the prices were overly high ($30) for leggings--I have not tried on any of the other clothing.  Here is what I do know--the manufacturer only makes a limited range of dress/tops/leggings in each pattern.  That is a way of creating a sense of "collectablity" of the styles. And, it helps build a sense of urgency/excitement.  I am a fan of black leggings but am dipping my toe into a little more pattern with an appropriate top.  I tend to get in a style rut and thought this might be a fun way to try something new and help a friend. 

While I may be mistaken, I believe I heard that some may be US made and other China made products.  Is that correct?  Could that lead to a difference in the quality?  

Honored Contributor

I have been to a couple pop up sales in a local restuarant.  A friends sister likes their clothes, she is 50...I don't get the big deal about the line....clothes look very inexpensive....lots of hi lo hems, leggings, over sized tops.    They had a few dresses but the patterns were awful......so glad I did not like anything that I saw.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva

DD buys it and wears it also matches up her little daughter outfits. So far, she is too busy to care (I suppose) whether it falls apart or not.

DSIL helps with the laundry, and its touch and go as to whether the clothing will be hung up to dry and not tossed into the dryer!

The fabrics DO look as if they are pilling, but her group of friends all wear the brand.

DD is finding, I think, that there are better styles in other brands for making positive business meetings.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo - I asked DD more about it. Most of her friends who sell it do it on Facebook too. They are friends from hs and college, so they're scattered. No one is within driving distance for her. It IS a pyramid structured business. The sellers get rewards and trips for signing others up!  

She said you have to be fast to get the items. Sellers advertise what time they'll be posting online, so you have to be available right then if you want a chance to get it - kind of like a popular item at QVC I guess! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

The whole thing sounds a little bit shady or am I misinterpreting? I'm surprised that young women are attracted to it because I didn't see anything particularly young And hip about any of the clothes with the exception of some colorful leggings

Respected Contributor

I think it's shady too. I hate MLM/pyramid schemes. Their clothes look really cheap and unfashionable. The prints are horrible. I guess a few of the dresses in solid colors might be passable if accessorized properly. I know lots of young women pushing this line, and I just don't get it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu