Honored Contributor

Re: Lularoe clothing Anyone?

@JJsMom wrote:

I think it's shady too. I hate MLM/pyramid schemes. Their clothes look really cheap and unfashionable. The prints are horrible. I guess a few of the dresses in solid colors might be passable if accessorized properly. I know lots of young women pushing this line, and I just don't get it.

This was my thought too. The woman who posted about it on FB is in her upper 50's. When someone asked what it was she said it was clothing that looks good on everyone.  That's when I decided to take a look but I had a different opinion.  Much of the stuff I saw I don't think would be good for my pear shape and she's built exactly like me.  I also personally thought the stuff had a younger vibe to it but then many of the prints looked old.   

Frequent Contributor

One of my friends' daughters recently opened up her Lularoe "shop" on Facebook.

Some of the leggings looked cute -  I got a pair with periwinkle background and yellow and pink daisies, and paired them with a Old Navyperiwinkle  pintucked dress--really super cute combo! 

I just recently purchased leggings with a black background and pink and sage green kites and puffly cream clouds on them--again very springlike, very cute. The print is not too large and not crazy.  The Lularoe leggings feel super-soft, like your legs are wearing a hug!

I also got a sage hi-low top to match.

I feel the leggings are a fair price--$25. They are polyester/spandex combo: one pair was made in China, the other in Vietnam.  The top (made in Vietnam) is polyester/  spandex.  I think it was $35. 

I agree with other posters that there are some really crazy (and to me, very unappealing) prints in both the tops and leggings. IMHO heavier set women do NOT look so good in these leggings.  

There are 2 sizes of leggings: OS which stands for One Size and fits sizes 2-12 and TC which stands for Tall and Curvy (sizes 12-24).  That's QUITE a range, but at 5'2 I find the OS cute comfortable and not too long.

I think having whole wardrobes of these prints would quickly get old and outdated. Feel the same way about LOGO.  I feel sorry for the reps as they cannot order prints  they want--they get, and have to try to sell,  what they are sent.  My friend's daughter does a great job, putting together outfits to show on her FB page.

Just want to add that the Lularoe quality seems fine to me--I'm always surprised at the high LOGO prices for the quality of those outfits  with same fabrics (often rayon/ spandex or rayon/polyester/spandex) made in China or Vietnam. (i just checked the tags on my LOGO pieces for this info.)

I am a young-at-heart, stylish, 71 yr old, with thin legs and great calves :-)    If you find some Lularoe that you like, I say go for it!!!  :-)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Has anyone heard of or bought this brand of clothing?  A friend of mine posted about it on FB and it appears to me to be a consultant based business.  They have a website but if you click to shop, there is something that comes up about having a Pop Up Boutique either in your home or online. 

I think some of the clothing is on Amazon and it seems very cheap so I'm wondering about the quality.  

Their leggings are amazing.  They are so comfy and wash really well.  I love them. You literally don't know you have them on.  They are that comfortable. 

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Has anyone heard of or bought this brand of clothing?  A friend of mine posted about it on FB and it appears to me to be a consultant based business.  They have a website but if you click to shop, there is something that comes up about having a Pop Up Boutique either in your home or online. 

I think some of the clothing is on Amazon and it seems very cheap so I'm wondering about the quality.  

The seller never knows what she I'd getting when she orders a box of clothes.  I loved a pair of heart leggings but she only received one pair.  They make 5,000 of a certain pattern for the whole US.  Then they become collectible and sell on eBay for a lot more. I love some of the patterns, but not sure if I would really wear them out shopping or to dinner.  I love them for exercise and walking the dog. 

Honored Contributor

@cali-girl

I am sorry but one-size-fits-all in a legging? Sounds like all kinds of wrong. It doesn't work out well in a shirt, which would be easier to do, so in a legging I can't imagine it not being a bit of a disaster. plus it would have to be extremely stretchy and not just a little bit flimsy to accommodate every size

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@cali-girl

I am sorry but one-size-fits-all in a legging? Sounds like all kinds of wrong. It doesn't work out well in a shirt, which would be easier to do, so in a legging I can't imagine it not being a bit of a disaster. plus it would have to be extremely stretchy and not just a little bit flimsy to accommodate every size

@Andreatoo  I bought leggings as a relative was hosting a party. They are one size up to  a certain size, then they have the equivalent to a plus size. They're fine for $25. I wash on delicate and hang (and they advise it). Mine have held up just fine. 

Honored Contributor

@Reba055

I'm happy to hear it worked for you but my concern is not in the construction so much as the fit and I think it would be difficult to fit size 2 through a size 12 well. When you get to a size 12 I would think it would be stretched too thin

Trusted Contributor

Well I went to a party ten days ago...leggings already coming apart...I won the leggings and bought an over priced tee shirt. I do not approve!!!

My WWC leggings I have had two years are still going strong....

I would discourage purchases from this brand.
Respected Contributor

It's like Crocs for your whole body. My friends who love it are the same ones not embarrassed to leave their houses in pajamas.
Trusted Contributor

I never heard about it before today, I looked after seeing post about striped leggings. I looked at a site and nothing I would buy. The stuff was wrinkled and layer out on a hardwood floor. Ok for some, I am not a print girl.