Esteemed Contributor

Up close it looks like what it is ... faux; dull matte finish.

Honored Contributor

I like the length of this jacket as well as the absence of the band that all too many designers think they have to run around the hemline of most jackets. Also like the lightweight look of it. I have several leather jackets, all needing special cleaning, as well as a Dialogue faux from years ago. All those are either too heavy or too heavy looking for my life as a snowbird.

Either the ivory or the blue ought to be in my closet - although I do wish I could touch the fabric. Just like real leathers, faux leathers vary greatly.

Esteemed Contributor

Love the mint! I got some jeans and tops from Coldwater Creek last year in that color. They couldn't keep the color in stock!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

I'm going with the mint. The perforated hem is what makes it for me. Without that it's just a zip front jacket and I have plenty of those.

I would like to add in the defense of faux leather that it is an evolving fabric same as other manmade materials. Today there are different grades of it. Some still looks like plastic and some has been manipulated and manufactured to mimic many of the qualities we like about leather. Faux is not frowned upon in high fashion anymore. Many very high end designers use it because they want to have something for their clients who simply won't wear any kind of animal skin. Most certainly that high end of the market is what drove fabric makers to get busy making better faux leather available.

I'm willing to take a chance on a Dennis Basso faux because I trust he probably held off on doing a faux leather until there was something he flt he could put his name on. If I'm wrong, my jacket goes back.

Esteemed Contributor

The perforated hem is certainly not new ... Terry Lewis did this style in real leather and suede, and that look on her jackets that I own is more up to date than this one; which, to me, is a little old fashioned. Further, I don't like that "sewing machine" stitch on the edge of the sleeves ... that says "cutting corners" to me.

Honored Contributor

I agree with Trix that all faux leather definitely isn't created equally and IMO it has come a long, long way.

There are also many reasons why some people choose not to wear real leather, one being if they are vegan.

There are things I like about this coat and things I don't like about this coat just looking at it quickly. But being that it's a DB, I have zero interest in it so I'm not going to bother to look at all the details.

Super Contributor
This jacket is too short for me but it looks nice on the models.
Honored Contributor

The sherbert colors are pretty but it's much, much too early for me to even think about Spring jackets. And a plastic jacket is till a plastic jacket. No interest here.

Regular Contributor

I like the lines of the jacket and colors but I don't like the lace detail, otherwise I would buy it. I won't buy real leather anymore. I just can't, I love animals too much so I will only purchase faux leather from now on.

Honored Contributor

i am not ordering because i dont need it and i dont care for the perforations, but i dont mind faux leather and the colors are beautiful. i think carolyn looks great in it this morning in the blue.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein