Honored Contributor

Liz Claiborne TSV like Susan Graver TSV?

I bought mine at midnight so I wouldn't miss my color.  Now in the light of day, this coat looks just like the Susan Graver 4 in 1 from winter.  There is a zipper instead of snaps, but the belting and lines and fabric seem very much the same. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Claiborne TSV like Susan Graver TSV?

This looks like a spring coat to me and the other was definitely a winter coat, with a heavier lining, fur hood, and deep colors. They have some similarities, but most coats do.

If you have the Graver coat and feel like it's too similar, you can always cancel, but I think they're different enough.

Honored Contributor

That style has been around for years now.  It's fine if you like it but there's nothing new, fresh or even interesting about it.  You can find a jacket like that everywhere and anywhere.

Honored Contributor

While both lines carry lots of basic wardrobe builders I find that LC, from what I've seen in comparison to SG, is more structured, more fitted and without all the excess length...Susan is so deadset on covering everything up I think a lot of her pieces actually make the wearer look bigger (under all her 'camoflage')

Having said that I think both coats are cute and as already stated; one's winter and one's spring..

Frequent Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

That style has been around for years now.  It's fine if you like it but there's nothing new, fresh or even interesting about it.  You can find a jacket like that everywhere and anywhere.

Agreed.   And considering it's their only TSV fo the year, it's disappointing they didn't bring something fresh and different.   The whole line is stale. 

Respected Contributor

@auburn wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Agreed.   And considering it's their only TSV fo the year, it's disappointing they didn't bring something fresh and different.   The whole line is stale. 

I have heard that several times today and wonder why it is the only LC TSV for the year, this early in the year. Seems odd. As to the style, yes, it's pretty basic, but that appeals to many people. I do think the blush color is "fresh" for the season and not one you usually find in a coat like this, and there is a bit of quilted detail and the gingham trim. I don't think it really matters that one can find similar jackets elsewhere -- why not buy it here if someone likes it and thinks it's a good value for her?

Super Contributor

I agree . Ordered the blush ( love it ! Says " Spring " ) , because searching for that color in the stores , would be time consuming .  I also liked the blue and navy , but I always buy blue . My family will be surprised to see me, in something other than blue , lol. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like the blush and the gray. Nice spring jacket. I bought the blush, as I love light pink, and I also like the quilted touches, plus the gingham hoodie. It is windy and cool here from March until June.