New Contributor

Re: Lisa R. is looking to sell stuffed animals!

[ Edited ]

IDK, I haven't been visiting her FB page as much as I used to but I remember some kind of stuffed fish LR used to travel with (as a security blanket maybe?). I don't understand the level of enthusiasm other FB followers use to respond to LR's posts - but maybe the ongoing presence of a stuffed animal created a craze.

I will say I am still surprised she is not back at QVC. I know not everyone was a fan and of course that's fine. but to me that job was a perfect fit for her. (Minus several "amazing amzings" and "ladies who lunch".) I really liked the way she worked with other hosts. I still miss Amy doing the LRS segments - she had a whole different attitude and I loved almost everything she wore - kind of upscale slightly-casual. And I loved watching LR work with Alberti.

Again, IDK. From her page it seems like big QVC vendors are happy to work with her and she still hangs with some of her co-workers. I guess her new site doesn't interest me as much as seeing her back in her original milieu.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it's obvious now that Lisa did not leave Qvc by choice.  When Qvc opted not to review it's contract with her and she's jobless.  What do former shopping channel hosts do?  Infomercials, product reps, selling products online.  So. That's LR is planning to do.  She has to make a living, she's only 50 or close to it.  If this teddy bear thing is trure, if the costume jewelry thing is true; she is exploring the possibility of online retail.  I t

Honored Contributor

@fourpaws56 wrote:

good grief, the girl has to make a living, I thought she would be selling self tanner or wigs...

Perhaps lip plumping products?

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I think it's obvious now that Lisa did not leave Qvc by choice.  When Qvc opted not to review it's contract with her and she's jobless.  What do former shopping channel hosts do?  Infomercials, product reps, selling products online.  So. That's LR is planning to do.  She has to make a living, she's only 50 or close to it.  If this teddy bear thing is trure, if the costume jewelry thing is true; she is exploring the possibility of online retail.  I t

I don't believe that for a minute.  Please post your source.  

Honored Contributor

Again, I think Lisa left on her own volition.  Perhaps some possible endeavors didn't work out for her, but I certainly don't know.

I don't go to her FB page often.  I had no idea she was selling teddy bears.

I wish her well as she was an excellent host.  I won't be purchasing the teddy bears.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Lisa hasn't said anything of the kind on her FB page.  I was just there this morning.  Further, nothing's been said by her about how she'll sell her lines of products.  That doesn't stop some from claiming she'll be selling them only on her web site.  It's been less than a year and a half since she left QVC and even less than that that she's been actively working on her next venture.  She left in mid-December, and so wouldn't have been able to do much during the holidays.  She's been spending a ton of time in New York City lately, so it seems that something is getting ready to be revealed. 

How she'll be selling her products and how successful they'll be are unknown.  I think she got a taste of what she could do as a vendor while helping to design the GILI line and selling the brand on QVC.  I don't have sales figures, but it seemed to be enormously successful, with everything selling out almost immediately.  Given how well she did with GILI, I think she'll have the same success with whatever she decides to sell next.

Respected Contributor

"Still dating the trainer. . ."

If she ever really was!

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

How is that obvious?  Why would QVC get rid of their top producing employee?  Show me the evidence.

Respected Contributor

Really, who cares what she's selling.

Her tribe is obsessed with anything and everything Lisa.  I find that so strange...

Frequent Contributor

@iTalia wrote:

You heard it here first! LR is looking to sell stuffed animals on her website LOL!! Recently Lisa photographed herself with a giant white fuzzy bear and now all her "tribe" members are clamoring for it too!! My jaw hit the floor when Lisa answered posters back saying she's talking with the company looking to try and sell it on her site. Apparently LR bought hers last year and they no longer carry the bear she owns! 

Are you kidding me?! Can't believe we are speaking of grown adults here. Just unreal. One would think Lisa walks on water with the way these women want literally whatever it is she has. What's next... what type of paper towels she buys? Lol. 

Are you kidding me?  The obsession some people have with visiting her facebook page and coming here to post about it, all the while claiming that her "tribe" is obsessed with her!  I can't believe we're speaking of adults here.  What's with these people?  What's next?  Criticizing her nails?  Her eyebrows?  Her makeup?  Her hair?  Her clothes?  Oh yeah, that's all been done to death.