Respected Contributor

I don't know how anyone can wear this in the heat.  Seriously, I have a few liquid knits and that fabric doesn't breathe, I am hot and uncomfortable.   Why is it so popular besides the fact you can toss it in the corner, pick it up and it doesn't wrinkle, that's the only benefit I have found, oh, and most of them hold the color too.

I seriously won't buy anymore, in the winter the fabric is cold to the body and in the summer it's hot to the body.

Respected Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I don't know how anyone can wear this in the heat.  Seriously, I have a few liquid knits and that fabric doesn't breathe, I am hot and uncomfortable.   Why is it so popular besides the fact you can toss it in the corner, pick it up and it doesn't wrinkle, that's the only benefit I have found, oh, and most of them hold the color too.

I seriously won't buy anymore, in the winter the fabric is cold to the body and in the summer it's hot to the body.

The magic of polyester, too hot or too cold feeling...it's made out of plastic!

Honored Contributor

This is not the liquid knit of years ago, it is hot and it pills. I have liquid knit I inherited from my MIL that she washed a hundred times and I washed a 100 times and no pilling. What are they trying to pull, SG even says she doesn't need the money so why the inferior product!

Valued Contributor

@Just Bling

Then you should not buy liquid knit; sounds like it isn't a good value for you.

For me, it's a staple in my wardrobe and I love the liquid knit tops...the way they feel, the way the launder, the non-clinging factor, packing is a breeze too.

I live in the desert, near Palm Springs. It was 124 degrees at my house on Monday and yes, I had on a liquid knit top....very comfortable! 

I love it Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I you wear a top on a very humid day...it's miserable.

Frequent Contributor

I agree! Liquid knit is too hot in summer and too cold in winter.

Respected Contributor

Re: Liquid Knit

[ Edited ]

I wore a SG tunic yesterday to meet a friend for lunch.  Central Alabama is hot and humid (95 degrees), and honestly I was not hot at all.  I love the feel and ease of this material.  Got lots of compliments.

Honored Contributor

And I don't understand how people think this is a hot fabric.

I have a couple of liquid knit tops that are short sleeve.  They are the tops I continually reach for in the summer because I find them very cool.  They aren't tops I'd sit outside at the beach in or at a baseball game but I have worn them when walking and outdoor mall, running errands and to work.

They are easy, flowy and always cool to the touch.  I have no issue getting overheated in them.  I don't get anymore hot in them than I do in any of my other tops.

The only material I find suffocatingly hot is nylon.  I bought the cutest butterfly top from Macy's a number of years ago and it's a spring/summer top.  I wore it twice and had to donate it because I would sweat so bad in it, even in my air conditioned office.  It was just miserable.  

Valued Contributor

I wear liquid knit all the time and it is not hot at all.  Its not like the poly of old.  And i've never had any of it pill.  it wears like iron.  its a very pleasant fabric to wear in the summer.  Mostly I am in air conditioning or going from my car to another air conditioned building.  If I were to be spending time outside a lot doing something like gardening, I would not wear liquid knit anyway.  It washes like a dream and I just hang to dry and no ironing.  ITs wonderful

Honored Contributor

The last few years before I retired, I wore short sleeved liquid knit tops almost every summer day in West Texas.  I was never uncomfortable.  The fabric is loose, slick and soft.   I like the way it feels.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment