Valued Contributor

Linea Gabardine Slim Pants Available for Order

Linea by Louis Dell'Olio Stretch Woven Regular Slim Leg Pants are now posted. Pant leg opening measurement in the CLICK HERE seems larger than what Louis said.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Stretch Woven Regular Slim Leg Pants

Valued Contributor

Re: Linea Gabardine Slim Pants Available for Order

Love them but just too short for me!

Valued Contributor

On 10/23/2014 buddylou said:

Love them but just too short for me! {#emotions_dlg.crying} {#emotions_dlg.crying} {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I never appreciated how difficult it must be for tall women to buy coordinating pieces until I came on this forum. Must be very frustrating to buy the jacket, coats, tops and no pants.
If they are going to buy only one length pant or skirts they should make them longer or give longer hems. It is really ridiculous. Sorry you are missing out, again.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Valued Contributor

Thank you Happy Lady for understanding. When you are long legged like me you want ankle pants to come to the ankle, not between the knee and the ankle! I look like I am waiting on a flood or my pants were left in a dryer and now I am wearing shrunken pants! {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Trusted Contributor

Amazes me that the buyers don't get a simple fact of life that not all women are ""average"". And what does that mean anyway?! Just cannot be that difficult to order talls. Certainly have them in other lines!

Love the look of these pants- picked up black and stone.

What a fantastic season...

Valued Contributor

Sizing in this fabric? Should I use super ponte size s as guide? Thinking size 8 if material has stretch. If not then 10. Help please!
Valued Contributor

On 10/24/2014 1jac said: Sizing in this fabric? Should I use super ponte size s as guide? Thinking size 8 if material has stretch. If not then 10. Help please!

Morning 1jac, This material is nothing like the super ponte knit material. This is a woven, not a ponte knit. Louis suggested using A217972 as a fit guide for these pants. If you have any of his gabardine pants, this is the same fabric. There is a little give but nothing like any of the pontes. I have this 972 number in several colors and I wear a 10 or a medium. Louis has done these pants several times under different items numbers but the same fabric content. In the super ponte I wear a small. Don't buy a smaller size than you wear in regular woven pants. The super ponte is not a good comparison. There is a little stretch and Louis mentioned there is elastic across the back which the item description doesn't mention.
Good Luck, pants are hard.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

On 10/24/2014 anniebethsmom said:

Amazes me that the buyers don't get a simple fact of life that not all women are "average". And what does that mean anyway?! Just cannot be that difficult to order talls. Certainly have them in other lines!

Love the look of these pants- picked up black and stone.

What a fantastic season...{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

That amazes me, too, especially when you consider all the other QVC lines that offer a Tall option. What I've read (Louis' blog) is that QVC isn't convinced there's enough demand for tall lengths in Linea. So, unless a substantial group of us lobby the powers that be at QVC, we are at a stalemate.

I really want to try these pants--I usually need a 32-inch inseam. Louis said they need to be shorter, because they are slimmer. I may order them & see for myself. I LOVE that stone color and have invested in so much already to match them that my desire may be overriding my common sense!

Valued Contributor

On 10/24/2014 1jac said: Sizing in this fabric? Should I use super ponte size s as guide? Thinking size 8 if material has stretch. If not then 10. Help please!

Check the "click here" measurements very carefully with these pants. I just did, & depending on your normal Linea size, you may want to go up a size in these because of the waistband measurements, which in my size is a full 1 1/2" smaller than usual, while the hip measurement is 1/2" less, and this was comparing them to the pinstriped pants which some women felt were already pretty slim in those areas. These pants are definitely not for every body, & it's such a bore to send things back.

Valued Contributor

If I could add to WNYgal; the pinstripe is an entirely different pant. The waist and hips are larger on the pinstripe and a different material. The pinstripe material is "beefier" and has more cross stretch than the gabardine.

If any of you have the following gabardine pants in Louis's traditional cut you can compare the waist and hip measurements to these new pants. Louis suggested using A217972 if you have those pants. Also, if you have the following you can compare the waist and hips with these gabardine pants:

A217971, A229472, A210354, A238535