Trusted Contributor

Laurie Felt asks Shawn if she likes peplum

[ Edited ]

Considering that she sells it for a number of qvc designers, here is her guarded answer.

A305684

Respected Contributor

Re: Laurie Felt asks Shawn if she likes peplum

Not sure what your point is?

Respected Contributor

All hosts have to be very careful not to disparage any specific look from any specific designer ( ie Issac) and Shawn  succeeds with a bit of tap dancing. 

I agree with Laurie Felt, peplums are not figure flattering on me.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IMW wrote:

All hosts have to be very careful not to disparage any specific look from any specific designer ( ie Issac) and Shawn  succeeds with a bit of tap dancing. 

I agree with Laurie Felt, peplums are not figure flattering on me.

I saw that exchange.  I laughed.  Shawn , imo, doesn't like peplum.  She started to say yes....then she thought of Isaac Mizrahi', and how she sells/sells/sells his peplum shirts, sweaters, etc. .  

She was super cautious, but imo...gave it away when she said "I can see your point" or something to that effect.  I didn't rewatch the video, but I did hear her comments back to Laurie.

I, too, don't think peplums look good on everyone.  I like some but not all. 

She handled it as best as she could as she knows IM does a lot of peplum items.

I don't find her genuine though--overall. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

It's a pretty top.  Very nice lines.  I don't go for peplums but I like this.  Shawn, I thought, qualified her answer quite well.  That was a blunt question.

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

When it comes to Shawn I take anything she says with a grain of salt. Don't value her opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

Peplums were popular in the 40s.

I just love the peplum in the antique white dress (minus the bustle) and the flatter peplums.

Q "designers" seem to only offer peplums with too much flare, and so they will not flatter every figure.

I don't think they design very much. It seems if one does something, they all do it! They cut one pattern only with Q standard sizing, and so it is cheaper to construct.

But what matters is if you like what they are offering by way of peplum styling.

Respected Contributor

@winker wrote:

When it comes to Shawn I take anything she says with a grain of salt. Don't value her opinion.

Isn't every cosmetic line that comes on her favorite ....

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I did not watch this but I know personally I have to try on a garment with a peplum to see if it fits my body , complmenting it or not so much. I think these are items that have to conform to the wearer personal body to look good or not. This design more than others.

Respected Contributor

@Big Joanie And same for shoes....claims she has bad feet and loves Vionic, but then ALWAYS is wearing peep-toe boots. 

Trust me, if you have bad feet, you are not wearing high heels for hours on end 5 days a week. 

She is a sales person, so take what she says with a grain of salt, as others have posted. 

......You look like I need a drink.....