Contributor

Re: LOOSE CLOTHING BECOMES A TREND?

Well said--as a society, we have become quick to judge others--be thankful for your life because as Grandmother said:  it's like the blink of an eye

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@jlkz wrote:

@Stormygirl

Bless you for discreetly taking care of that young woman's clothing needs.

As for not being able to afford a gym membership with the disability issue, I would like to suggest the latest Leslie Sansone Walk - at - Home DVD ...if you can walk a few minutes you should be able to do the one mile DVD.  I love it because there are no down on the floor exercise steps because getting up from the floor is difficult.  While I have heel Spurs, if I do the 3- or 4- mile DVD later in the day, no pain.

If a library is too far away to borrow this version, perhaps a swap meet, flea market or garage sale might work.  I heartily recommend the new version over older ones.

HTH

@jlkz     @Stormygirl

Out of curiousity, I just did an Ebay search of "Leslie Sansone DVD" and 839 auctions came up, so this could be another source for a cheap(er) option.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

OK. Most stores and online sites sell yoga wear, leggies, tight fitting tops and exercise gear. We've discussed seeing (& not loving) women walking around in grocery stores, coffee shops and running errands in tight gym clothes. If so many women are exercising, going to the gym, wearing fitbits and getting in shape, what's up with all this loose loungewear, cuddleduds and Lori Goldstein, etc.

It leads me to believe that wearing gym attire really is just laziness to get dressed for the day and when you need to actually go somewhere, you need to cover up problem areas with loose, shark bite hem tops, tees or sweaters that are longer in the back, ponchos. long dusters, etc. Obviously under all these layers of "looseness" is a body that never really saw the inside of a gym.

@Shanus

Oh, please!    Girl, you need to stop taking those snarky pills!

You seem to think that anyone with a bad figure wears only tents, and anyone who is fit wears only tight clothing.   Why would you think that?  

What's wrong with loose loungewear ... or loose anything, for that matter?   Newsflash:  most women have both in their closets .... loose, comfy clothing, as well as more snug pieces.    We're allowed to have both, so get used to it.  

Oh .... one more thing ..... I'm a very fit size 10 and I NEVER go to any gym.   They are loud, smelly and have terrible lighting, lol.    I am a serious walker and also use my aeropilates machine several times a week.  And yes, I wear loose clothing when I feel like it.  

Valued Contributor

Many women have figure flaws.  Most want comfortable clothes.  I never wear anything that is not as comfy as a pair of pajamas.  I look very nice and dressed up.  But my clothes are very comfy.  I'm glad to be rid of woven structured clothes.  Good riddance.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My friends DH is a mason.

the group he belongs to have a lot of equipment to lend out for people with disabilities.

i wanted to say this to stormygirl..

Honored Contributor

Athleisure wear is not my thing but others can do as they please.  If your concern is that it is used to cover up unfit bodies, rest assured there is all kinds of clothing for that purpose.

Athleisure isn't going anywhere soon.

Honored Contributor

Having studied design, I can tell you that some designers will always include wearability in their garmets.  As women age and hormones take over, their clothing silhouettes change.  Customer's needs in part drive design.  

Loose clothing has always been around somewhat.  Remember the shift?  The "moo moo"?  

Eileen Fisher is doing some items with more flair to go over fitted tops.

IC by Dillards is a beautiful line with great proportion and a good weight fabric for proper fit.

Even though I have a small waist, I have one of these jackets.  The fabric is substantial enough to hold its shape.

Remember "What Not To Wear" principles.  A lot of fabric creates a bigger image.

IC Collection One-Button Asymmetrical Jacket

Related image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Love the asymmetrical one!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

@ECBG  Love the asymmetrical one!!

@faeriemoon, Glad you did.  They're year round and easy care.  They will be able to be worn forever.  This is it's own style, like a piece of art.  If you get one, fit your shoulder size.  I love mine!

I pair it with a longer RL white blouse that has a stand up collar, and black slacks, black suede booties.

Esteemed Contributor

I’m fit but have always preferred loose-fitting clothing.  I feel too constricted (and hot) in tight clothing, almost claustrophobic, like my skin can’t breathe.  For instance, my yoga pants are a relaxed fit and look like regular pants.  Most of my dresses are a shift style, straight up and down, not fitted. No sausage casings for me.