Respected Contributor

Re: LL Bean Boots Keep Selling Out

[ Edited ]

I think they're cute. But I don't care for lace-up shoes or boots for myself (with the exception of sneakers - even those, I'd rather be slip-ons). 

Honored Contributor

I've always liked them and would wear them, I just don't own a pair and believe me, we need them here.... (going to the LLBean website....) *wink* 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I've worn the LLB 'Storm Chaser' clogs for many years, and in all kinds of inclement weather.

Lightweight, comfy, and don't cut into my shin like some boots do.

They're available online at LLB, plus you can also check for them on Ebay.

Valued Contributor

I think you meant to say they WILL take back items with labels/tags removed.  As far as I know, they will take back anything at anytime.  I once worked with somebody that would buy LL Bean backpacks for her kids.  Well, let me restate that - she bought ONE for each of her school age children.  When they wore out or got old, she'd return it and get a brand new replacement.  Now I would never do anything like that.  To me, it's kind of like stealing, but she never had any problems returning the backpacks.

Honored Contributor

FYI: For anyone who uses an LL Bean Visa card, there's 15% off any purchase online, by phone, or in store 11/25 thru 12/1.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

Sperry makes a duck boot very similar to those and for less money, often selling on sites like 6pm. OP if you look around I think you'll find other boots just like these and can get better bargains, if you're interested.

OTOH, I want to know why the post with the link to LL Bean is still standing and on another thread, I posted a link to a picture of a sweater, not the link to the actual retailer's website and mods deleted it!

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.
Esteemed Contributor

I have the mocs in this style.

main, view 1 of 4

I like them for rainy or snowy days.  They're handy to just slip on.

I've been trying to get my husband a pair of their boots but it's been impossible.  I've been waiting for a certain style to come back in stock since last year.  I check each week with no luck.  Since they're hand made they can't keep up with the demand. 

Honored Contributor

@60sgirl wrote:

Sperry makes a duck boot very similar to those and for less money, often selling on sites like 6pm. OP if you look around I think you'll find other boots just like these and can get better bargains, if you're interested.

OTOH, I want to know why the post with the link to LL Bean is still standing and on another thread, I posted a link to a picture of a sweater, not the link to the actual retailer's website and mods deleted it!

I've seen the Sperry's, and they are cute.  If I'm buying another pair, they are the original LLBean, made in Maine!  Smiley Happy

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

I have quite a few of LL Bean's water proof boots.  All different styles.

I'm lucky because not only do I get their catalogs, their store is around the corner from where I live.

I pick out what I want out of the catalog then go to the store to purchase.

You are very fortunate.  You live in a beautiful part of the country.  I've been to the store over 25 years ago.  I've heard it's dramatically changed.  I love LL Bean--some of their coats and boots--GREAT store and GREAT CS.  Their coats are much better than Lands' End.  Lands' End has some nice items, but some are cheaply made!  LLBean rocks!  My dad has a coat from there from 30 years ago--still in good condition. HE loves it!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

$89 at 6pm

I have these for going out in deep snow to shovel the driveway, very warm boots

ETA: there is a good website that compares all the duck boot brands to Bean;'s duck boots and provides $$$$ if you're interested in comparing.

I won't post the link cause I guess it will get deleted.

Here's the info though:

bustle.com is the website and here is the words that come after that

where-to-buy-bean-boots-look-alikes-because-the-real-ones-are-already-backordered

I'm done with P.C. Just say what you mean and mean what you say. It's easier.