Valued Contributor

I finally received my sea glass necklace and had a problem with it.  I was really sad to have to write an "average" review because the necklace is really so beautiful!  But after fussing around trying to fix it and realizing I'd have to return it, I felt like I had to write a 3 star review so someone else isn't negatively surprised if theirs should arrive with a petal off.  Given the fabulous reviews, this is probably not a problem for the majority.  I wish the links that held the petals on didn't have the potential problem-maker of having a slit in the link, which slit in the case of my necklace, rotated around so the slit was on the top and the threads that run through the gold beads, could begin to work their way through the slit.  I tried rotating the links downward so that the slit is inside the sea glass petal.  This should work.  But if that slit rotates upward in shipping or in wear ~ there's a potential problem.  I'd tighten any of the links where you might see the slightest bit of light through the slit.  This was only the case on 2 of the circular links on mine.  Some complained this necklace was heavy but on my kitchen scale it was only half the weight of the water fall necklace and less than the faux pearl necklaces.  And I LOVED the earrings :/

Respected Contributor

Thank you Owl! I'm not buying jewelry now but appreciate your post.

Super Contributor
Finally! Someone else besides me is having this problem! Owl, I ordered both colors of this necklace and LOVE them but there is definitely a problem in the design. My pink arrived with 2 petals off and another fell off my neck when I tried it on. The Aqua arrived intact but again petals fell off when I handled it. I tightened all the links but the string is still thin enough that it slips through and the petal falls off. I have a Joan Rivers one that is almost exactly the same but she used a heavier cord to anchor the petals and I've never had a problem. I really don't want to send these back but I don't know what else to do. I'm even thinking of a drop of crazy glue on each link! I agree I don't find it heavy at all.
Valued Contributor

@TeachRsPet

I totally feel your pain!  I too thought about super glue.  Honestly, it just leaves you feeling conflicted.  And honestly, this definitely falls under design problems.  I'm no jewelry maker but something other than these circular links should have been used.  OR something other than what looks to me like 2 strands of cording - as though the cording was doubled.  My link was half way through that cording and I knew if I messed with it much I was only going to succeed in ultimately cutting that cording.  I worked and worked and worked to get the circular link where the slit is, off from being stuck in that cording without hurting/cutting it.  The whole effort was greatly complicated by how close the sea glass petals are up against the beads with the cording running through them.  The link is small and by the time it is threaded through the sea glass petal with it's small but not insignificant bulk there is just absolutely no maneuverability room.  It's so beautiful that this weakness in the design is kind of heart-breaking.  So if you super-glue it, do it and then move on, once you make sure that the super glue spots won't rotate around and cause you a new problem - like cutting the threads anyway - or worse.  Or return it and move on.

Valued Contributor

Just dropped mine off at the post office.  In the spirit of "moving on"  Smiley Embarassed I think I'll try the Linea pendant necklace instead.  In Perfectly Pink of course.

Honored Contributor

@TeachRsPet

Is this the Joan Rivers set you were referencing?

No Image Found Joan Rivers Shimmering Floral Necklace & Earrings Set

J318964

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor
No JustJazzmom but it is pretty! Mine from Joan is a few years old but it the exact same design as this one to a tee. The same pink petals (though Louis' are sea glass so nicer) and the same double strand, even the same beads in between. It was only slightly lower in price, but of course there were no earrings. The biggest difference was that she used a heavier cord in between so I've never had a problem with losing the petals.
Honored Contributor

TeachRsPet wrote:
No JustJazzmom but it is pretty! Mine from Joan is a few years old but it the exact same design as this one to a tee. The same pink petals (though Louis' are sea glass so nicer) and the same double strand, even the same beads in between. It was only slightly lower in price, but of course there were no earrings. The biggest difference was that she used a heavier cord in between so I've never had a problem with losing the petals.

is this the joan necklace?

Joan Rivers Double Strand FacetedTeardrop 16 Necklace W/3 Extender

http://www.qvc.com/Joan-Rivers-Double-Strand-FacetedTeardrop-16-Necklace-W3-Extender.product.J141961...

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: LINEA beautiful ....

[ Edited ]

What is the item number of the similar Joan Rivers necklace, please.  Thanks.

Ooops, nevermind, I posted my reply before I read all the posts.  I see the necklace was available back in 2011!

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Honored Contributor

I have the same one from Joan which I have had for several years and love it.  I hope everyone gets their problems with this resolved.  Sea glass is very pretty.