Super Contributor

LINEA Simulated pearl necklace

Can you give me your opinion as to whether this necklace is too heavy? I want the burgundy (looks great on Kate in the video). Based on reviews I'm not sure about the weight or color. Thanks. Sorry if I should have posted on jewelry.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: LINEA Simulated pearl necklace

I won't lie to you; when you're wearing this necklace you know you have it on. It has some weight and if you're not used to large, heavy, statement pieces it might be too much.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

It's definitely heavy, but it is also definitely gorgeous.  I don't mind it, but don't wear it in hot weather.  I think we each have different criteria for how heavy is too heavy.

Honored Contributor

@MadameQueen

Yes, you posted in the right forum-- the Linea owners might not have seen it in Jewelry. Heart

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. I hope someone will post about the burgundy color. JustJazzmom, I have seen you mention 1928 jewelry - is that only available online?
Honored Contributor

In which video was Kate wearing the pearls?  I am thinking about getting them.  The reason for heaviness is most likely glass, right?  I would like to see them in the video.  I know they were shown eons ago, but I have just decided I might like them and would like to see them.  Does anyone have the video (item#) in which they are shown?  S'il vous plait.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MadameQueen

1928 jewelry is available at Boscov's, certain Sears (I think Sears is phasing out this line from their jewelry kiosks) & bonton.com (their bridal and SIgnature lines);

2028 jewelry is available online or at B & M Macy's

I have ordered from their online store and they are in CA. It take at least 5 days via USPS to reach me for orders. They will send an e  mail to your addy if you are signed up with them or use as a guest.

1928 jewelry co. link

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Valued Contributor

@Nonametoday

Have you tried watching the video at the Linea faux pearl site itself?  There is a video there of Kate in the burgundy pearls.  That might be the video you were thinking of.

Valued Contributor

@MadameQueen

I've tried weighing these necklace jewelry pieces on the kitchen digital scale.  A couple of reference points - the Linea waterfall necklace ~ J321804 ~ weighs in at 11 1/2 ounces. Compared to the Linea beach glass necklace ~ J321803 ~ which weighs in at close to 6.7 ounces.  I tried the faux pearl necklaces and think they were close to 9 oz.  It's pretty difficult and of course subjective to tell someone else what might be heavy for her since there are so many mitigating factors.  But that might be a starting point.  Take your heaviest jewelry piece that you can stand to wear comfortably and, if you have a kitchen scale, see what it weighs.  Hope that helps.

Respected Contributor

The weight is important to give it the right drape---keep that in mind when yo make your decision---the weight has an important purpose and it they were too light, they would just sort of flounder about. 

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel