Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

I love your choice--a perfect LBD!  It reminds me of the pink dress you purchased not long ago.  Same designer?

@magicmoodz

Indeed, it is the same designer.  What a good memory you have!  It's cut pretty much like the pink one, so I could order confidently online by getting the same size.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: LBD- Your Picks?

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono Love your new LBD! If I was a lot of years younger, I would be interested, too.

@Witchy Woman I love scallops, too. Think they add so much to a garment. So sweet to read about the tools your mother used to make your clothes. Very nice memories.

Honored Contributor

I have five or six LBDs .. all very simple ... basic "timeless" styles.  Different necklines, different sleeve lengths, different fabrics.  One has a flouncy hemline ... others are all just column style.   

All of them can be worn just about anywhere with a change of accessories.   They are simple black blank slate dresses.  

Trusted Contributor
I have never worn jeans to a funeral...maybe at a viewing but services I would wear a dress or dress slacks and a jacket. I think the dresses above are lovely but seem more like a cocktail party dress. I am not sure black is a requirement anymore but I probably wouldn't wear large prints or anything revealing to services of any kind.
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

I love your choice--a perfect LBD!  It reminds me of the pink dress you purchased not long ago.  Same designer?

@magicmoodz

Indeed, it is the same designer.  What a good memory you have!  It's cut pretty much like the pink one, so I could order confidently online by getting the same size.  

@lolakimono

I have the memory of an elephant for things I love! 

Honored Contributor

Some years ago I purchased a Susan Graver black dress - crew neck - a line - short sleeve. I have to say that dress has been a real workhorse for me. The best money I ever spent on anything.( I had it in navy & black but my DH spilled bleach on the navy one when I was ill and he was doing the laundry.) I certainly wish Susan would bring back those dresses. They also look  great more casually with a scarf at the neckline. I wore mine to church today because the Bishop was visiting and we get dressed up for his visits. Wore it with black & gold jewelry from KJL that I've had for years. Still looked very nice.

Valued Contributor

I love that Tahari dress.

I have a few black dresses.  My favorite one is a black Calvin Klein wrap dress.  I've also have it in a print.  I've worn those dresses a few times.  That style is one of my favorites.

Honored Contributor

Nanette Lepore-

This one has a lot going on: paisley, velvet, cold shoulder, and tuxedo cuffs.

Honored Contributor

I like them all except  number 2, I'm not a fan of lace. I really like the the one you picked, it is chic.🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Stray

Just to clarify, I don't collect black dresses.  I bought the one I posted for upcoming funerals, but the ones below that are just ones that I like.  Black is not flattering to my skintone, so I own very little of it.  I know that a lot of ladies DO love black, so I was just posting some options that I like in general, not that I would wear the other choices to a funeral.  

For instance, I like this T. Tahari one, because it reminds me of papel picado.

Image result for papel picado

@lolakimono- I'm sorry I thought they were options you were toying with for funerals....your choice was perfect....I'm not a fan of black either....I look better in navy but not great but I could never bring myself to wear a vibrant color or jeans to a funeral even tho rules are relaxed, it might not be for the mourners and you can't offend wearing black.  We have a funeral parlor next door and when I look out the window during a wake, I see a sea of black....