Respected Contributor

Just packed for a two-week trip with......

Samantha Brown packing pods........these things are great! Nothing but a rave from me because you can get so much in them.......wish I'd discovered them a long time ago!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Just packed for a two-week trip with......

I'm getting ready for a 2 week + trip. Not flying, but taking the Amtrak Auto-train and our own car for the rest of the visit back north. Using our car, I am not limited by weight and amounts as would be with flying. A bit easier for me as I can bring more and not have to plan so much. Might try one of those packing solutions next time we have to fly. Have fun. 

Respected Contributor

I love my Samantha Brown luggage, but haven't tried the packing pods.  I'll check them out.  Thanks for posting and enjoy your trip.

Honored Contributor

I have packing envelopes for clothing and packing squares for non-clothing (power cords, snacks, etc.).

I like it because I can put day clothes together, evening clothes together, workout clothes together, etc.  I makes it easier to find something in the suitcase quickly without having to upend the entire thing and then try to get it all back in.

http://www.rei.com/product/830416/eagle-creek-pack-it-specter-folder-18

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I got all of my clothes....undies and even 3 dresses in the pods.......the only things left are my shoes and beauty supplies. If I have to open the bag, everything is so neat and compact......it saved me so much time packing.......thanks for the well wishes.....looking forward to getting away.
Honored Contributor

Two years ago, I took a road trip to Canada with 3 other people.  We each took a carry-on bag for a two-week trip.  I used dual purpose Space Bags and had enough room for a clean outfit everyday.  The medium size fit perfectly in a carryon.  You can sit on them to get the air out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I did not know Amtrak still had these train/car carriers! Wow, I would love to do this.  

Valued Contributor

Hi-

Haven't used the Samantha Brown ones, but just last year I started using the soft, zippered packing envelopes and bags. OMG, it has made such a difference when I travel. Undies and socks go in one long one. Tees can get rolled up and fit into a larger, flat one, and PJs and comfy stuff in another.