Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just curious- what type of footwear is this, in your opinion?

I really like these, and I would definitely call them shooties. I would wear them with pants or jeans, so they would look like a boot. I don't really wear skirts and dresses any more, and my legs are so slim I don't think a shoe like this would be flattering on me in anything other than pants and jeans. What is the brand, and do you know what they're called or on what website?Smile

Honored Contributor

On 7/18/2014 DREAMON said:

shooties for sure

Cute!

Honored Contributor

shooties.....and i like them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

They would look fine with pants, but not with dresses/skirts.

Respected Contributor

Def a shootie.

Trusted Contributor

Shooties but I've also seen them under the listing of ankle boots in the past. I don't think they would get hung up on tights or hose underneath as, usually, the zipper has a fabric/leather flap underneath that separates the zipper from the skin. I love theses styles but just don't have cause to wear the anymore in my climate.
Valued Contributor

Lola, they are shooties. I've been donating a lot trying to "size down" and was surprised to find that I had two pairs of shooties very much like your picture and I didn't wear them or I should say I haven't worn them yet. I consider these types of shoes to be every season but summer. I don't really do seasons in a big way but I am surprised to discover that I do in shoes since I would not wear these in the summer. These types of shoes never catch on leggings, look great with skirts and pants, and I love them. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Honored Contributor

shooties. They are a cross between a boot and a standard fulld shoe.

Honored Contributor

Who cares. I like them, they look comfortable, I'd wear them, I would probably refer to them, if it every became necessary todo so, as shoes or footwear. Their's something faintly precious about the term "shooty" or "shooties" that makes my lips reluctant to utter it.
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 violann said: Who cares. I like them, they look comfortable, I'd wear them, I would probably refer to them, if it every became necessary todo so, as shoes or footwear. Their's something faintly precious about the term "shooty" or "shooties" that makes my lips reluctant to utter it.

ITA.