Honored Contributor

I don't think the idea behind holes in one's jeans is to ""look great."" lol...

It may be to look oh so cool but that is very different.

Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Junebug54 said:
On 3/3/2015 stray770 said: I think Amy and Shawn are two people who look great in the distressed jeans with holes...it is a trend and been around for some time.....would rather see hokey jeans than the Logo or layered look which looks sloppy, IMO...Both ladies are petite, young and have the personality and body type to wear them...I like the look but can't wear it

Hi stray. Not sure I agree with your statement about Amy and Shawn looking great in the distressed jeans. Hard to explain but I will try. You can look great in a certain color or look great in a well-fitted dress or great fitting jeans. But not sure how ripped jeans can make one look great. Almost like saying someone looks great in a shirt with stains on it. I honestly don't think that a host should wear them on air as they look very unprofessional. Wear them on your time off.

Exactly!
~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I have one pair of jeans that have torn spots, but have a backing behind the spots. Purchased them on a whim, and even tho I like the casual look, I tend to not wear them very often. Sort of a silly look, so I'll leave it for the teenagers.

Respected Contributor
I have never liked jeans with holes. The newer and darker the jean the better.
Respected Contributor
I am a senior citizen and own 2 pairs of these jeans. For me they are very casual wear with a sweatshirt. My DH and I worked in the music business for years and still volunteer lots of weekends to help out at various rock festivals around our area. I must say though I think they are - for seniors - more casual wear. When I worked professionally I could never even have worn any kind if Jeans but love mine now!
Respected Contributor
Only for the young, if you're not, you just look like you are trying too hard. Just like Lori G. Wearing her own LOGO clothes, they are way too young for her. That's why the hosts and most of the models don't look right in them either.
Honored Contributor
On 3/3/2015 Krimpette said:

(I'm a senior citizen, so indulge me please!) What is the attraction to jeans with holes in them? I just don't get the "allure". I just don't get this as a fashion item. What am I missing? (Please….I not trying to start a "war" here. I really just don't get the appeal.) Thanks!

It really has nothing to do with chronological age, K. Smiley Wink

It's our attitude that should remain youthful, providing it once was, of course.

Always being open-minded and willing to stay relevant, embracing change with curiosity and enthusiasm, and adapting fashion to whatever flatters you personally is key.

If your overall style is casual (like mine is), little rips and tears make denim look aged, for when you don't have the time to DIY. Or, if you don't have any current jeans that actually are. 8)

Super Contributor

I used to wear holes in my jeans.

Contributor

Darn, if I knew they would become fashionable, I would have saved all my jeans from the 70s!

Esteemed Contributor
I have a few pairs of distressed jeans bought on sale from Target and Winners. I've looked at some pairs and have seen some that have fabric patches sewn on the underside of the holes and vertical long zig zag lines to hold the holes together so that's what I did to mine so it looks frayed but no skin showing through.