Trusted Contributor

Re: Jane Treacy's Dress at the "Calista" Wedding...

It was an outdoor wedding so typical wedding attire with heels would not be my first choice.

With the exception of the visible cleavage, I thought the ladies looked nice and having a fun time.  There are a lot of other photos on Facebook.

Honored Contributor

Possible fashion faux pas aside, it looks like a fun wedding day spent with friends.

Regular Contributor

Oh, please, not wearing white at a wedding went out with the dark ages. 

Why hey such a debbie downer, lighten up.

Respected Contributor

It looks like it was a beautiful day for a wedding, and they were all having a good time.  Friend getting together for a happy occassion, what can be better?  Jane's dress was my favorite and Rachel's is beautiful.  I've seen other pics on FB and love the colors on Rachel's.

Trusted Contributor

@mstyrion 1  I noticed the embroidery immediately.  It apparently had a theme of some type.  Mayan or Aztec in flavor.  Was wondering if that were the theme since one of the other dresses had a theme going and everyone seems to have a theme these days. 

However that aside, why is the tone of your question argumentative?  Have I offended you by my question or are you just like that with everyone? 

Respected Contributor

@Deanie I noticed that response too.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

I think the ladies, particularly the bride, look lovely.

Lisa's dress doesn't look white to me.  I'd never heard the rule you cannot wear white, off white, red or black to a wedding until I read it here. (years ago)

I've worn all the colors on the forbidden list and was never mistaken for the bride or shunned by the Fashion Police.

Respected Contributor

I am glad I am not the only one on here that thinks that Lisa R. dress color was inappropriate. I agree with the statement that she wanted to get that extra attention. She needs to find her niche.

Respected Contributor

@Deanie wrote:

@mstyrion 1  I noticed the embroidery immediately.  It apparently had a theme of some type.  Mayan or Aztec in flavor.  Was wondering if that were the theme since one of the other dresses had a theme going and everyone seems to have a theme these days. 

However that aside, why is the tone of your question argumentative?  Have I offended you by my question or are you just like that with everyone? 

____________________________________________________________----

Sorry you were put off by my post. I just have never heard anyone ask a question about someone's embroidery before.  I was in a hurry writing the post this morning and I suppose I could have been less direct in my observation. Sorry you interpreted my post in such a negative way.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I think they all looked great.