[ Edited ]

@Spurt wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Mz iMac wrote:

"THis flatters all figure types."

If this statement is constantly made, you would think they would prove it by showing the item on different figure type models.

@Mz iMac

One way you can tell if it isn't flattering is if they ONLY have the XXS models out there.....the Large and XL models suddenly disappear....it's like a magicians act! 

index.jpg

I wear a medium and I haven't seen a model on the Q that wears that size....

There are many models who don't wear XXS. For example, models Kerri, Kathleen, and Toni all wear size medium. There is also a size medium petite model who is sometimes on (less frequently, though, and she is newer, so I can't remember her name).

@jonbon

Yes, I am familiar with the many models that wear various sizes on the shows....What I am saying (perhaps not too well) is that during the show, for certain garments that are presented on air, they only have the XXS model a particular clothing item (to me that means the stylist felt that specific item only looks good on the skinny models)......then in the same show more clothing is presented and they bring back the variety of models in different sizes, for example Maria wearing XL, and Colleen wearing XXS with an item, but why are only XXS models wearing some of the pieces...thats what Im getting at---read flag for me that the garment only looks good on women with XXS body type and thats why only those models presented certain pieces!!

I was responding to the last line of the post, which said, "I wear a medium and I haven't seen a model on the Q that wears that size...." More generally, I frequently see comments stating that "all of the models are size XXS," etc. In fact, I think there's a pretty good variety of sizes represented (except for the very largest sizes), especially within the shows for certain lines.

@jonbon

Well thanks for telling me that somewhere in Q Land there is actually a medium sized model because I've never seen her........Of course I only watch AM Style,  or Louis, and occasionally D&C....when I work from home, I may occasionally peek in on the daytime fashion shows.......I gave up on Monday Nights and Fashion Night In....I don't care for the hosts......

@Spurt -- I'm surprised that you've never seen Kerri or the blonde Maria someplace wearing a medium, since they are long-time Q models who are on many different types of shows. Toni is mostly on D&Co, and Kathleen is not on terribly often. As I mentioned, I can't remember the name of the petite medium model, but it is such a pleasure to see her on occasionally -- most of the petite models are, indeed, size XXS.

Edited to add: The petite medium model is Taleah (saw her in a taped D&Co show I zipped through), and there was also a size medium model on Isaac's show yesterday named Bonnie.

Respected Contributor

Re: JUst once I would like to hear a designer or host tell the truth

@kelsey17 I believe I heard Louis, or possibly Bob Mackie make that staement. 

Frequent Contributor

QVC does not care about returns. At $6.95 return fee, they are making money. Plus they are assuming that many people will keep an undesirable item rather than bother with a return. I always keep in mind that it costs $9.95 to try on an item ($3 shipping, $6.95 return). I'm very careful what I purchase for this reason.
Valued Contributor

Last night I watched jay something do make up  He insisted that not one  of them had make up on  They all had make up and illumination for sure  Then he started putting on his make up to show the difference   He never touched one face with make up  they still looked the same  I went right up to the tv when he did it again  How can they get away with this  

Trusted Contributor

I just got that sweater and I think it looks good on me.  I love peplums.  I have gotten a few of Isaac's peplums that were not designed well - the waists and peplums were so high they looked childish.  This is not one of them.  He designs a wide variety of sweaters and tops, so some of us adore the peplums, obviously from the way they fly out of there.

Respected Contributor

I am so tired of the host telling us they are obsessed with something and then they tell us in another show they hate it. Woman HappyHeart

And yes I know this is a February thread but I was starting a new thread about untruthful show host's and this one popped up.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Esteemed Contributor

They shouldn't make blanket statements like that at all. Just describe the garments! We know if it's for us, or not!

You just have to hear past so much of what is said - like how amazing they think everything is, and how extraordinary...and you know the list!

Respected Contributor

@Harpa Why do they feel the need to blatantly lie though? I wonder how it makes the vendors feel?

Don't worry, be Happy!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyPet wrote:

And say that a certain clothing item MIGHT NOT flatter a certain figure type. I am picking on Issac for the particulars here but he is certainly not alone in making this statement. TOnight he and Shaun were showing a garment that has a peplum bottom.  OF. Ourse we hear the standard statement "THis flatters all figure types."   NO, SORRY but if you carry excess weight in your tummy a peplum top is not for you.  ATtention is drawn to the peplum and if you have tummy pooch it looks like a shelf around your waist and adds additional volume to your middle.    COuld the designers and hosts be honest about what styles certain figure types should not be wearing.  I get angry because I know what,does and does not look,good on me but some people are very likely to fall for this sort of BS.  I would have so much more respect for a designer who would,occasionally be honest about who should not be wearing a certain style.  EVen I occasionally fall for the hype and then get disgusted when the item arrives and looks horrid on me.  ONe of my worst QVC fashion horrors was a floral print maxi dress from another famous male designer who used the "THis flatters all figure types" sales pitch. WIth my 5ft4 16-18w figure I looked like a walking shower curtain.  HOrrid, simply horrid.

Are you sure they can do that?  Are you sure that is not what happened to Albany and Jacque?  They said something did not look good on certain body types  I think whether it does or not, they have to sell their wares.

Respected Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

I'm 56 and I'm past the point where I need a clothing vendor to tell me what will look good on me...lol   That isn't their role.  They exist to sell stuff and to make money.  They aren't our personal stylists.  Just like KFC won't tell me that their chicken is a fast track to heart attack, a clothing vendor isn't going to tell me that skinny jeans make my thighs look bigger than they are.  Also, whether or not something flatters the body is totally subjective.  There is no way they could work such a thing into a sales pitch.....that's what those "shows" are you know, sales pitches.  It would bizarre if they actively turned customers away.  I think people tend to forget that QVC is a retailer and the "designers" are vendors. 

You are soooo right!!  I know what looks good on my body type as well.  There are even women who post here that make blanket statements on styles, stating they look good on no one.  That isn't true either.  All we can do is be honest with our own self.