Respected Contributor

Oh I almost fell for it, ordering for fall, I caught myself and said to myself " what are you doing?"  Really, it's in the 80's and there's nothing to wear now for the heat, only clothing for October/November, no, I'm just not doing it.  I'm not buying and stuffing it in the drawer waiting for a chill in the air.

I saw maybe 3 minutes of the show with Bob Mackie and here they are telling anyone who is listening, buy it now and put it away for later.  I'm not doing it, no sequins, no Holiday tops, just not doing it.

Esteemed Contributor

me neither.  It is hot & humid--Dog days of summer.

Valued Contributor

It is 90+ in Houston and there is no way that I can think of fall clothes too.

Honored Contributor

I am so happy that we are finally, finally getting summer weather.  We have been waiting and waiting since like April to get some hot, dry weather and I just plan on concenrating on enjoying this while we have it!  

I don't even want to think about cold weather clothes. No way, no how!  The lousy weather months will be here so soon and I just can't stand the thought of it and all the coats, boots, sweaters, etc.  So, no -- they can keep their fall and winter duds!!!  Woman LOL

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

I guess they want us to think snow.

Respected Contributor

I will be different and say that I cannot understand this mindset.  You can't look forward 3 monthsand see yourself using the fall item?  This I don't get.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I plain and simply don't want to think 3 months ahead to fall. We just started having summer and that is no exaggeration.  Our weather was rainy and cool until about 2 weeks ago when it finally turned the corner so we are just now getting into summer.  If we're lucky, we'll have 2 months of warm temps.  Fall clothes will be here at the end of August and into September when some of us are ready to buy them.  And despite what the hosts, catelogs, etc. try to say, there will be plenty to choose from and it won't be all picked over, left overs that no one wants. 

At least the hosts on QVC and even Evine have some reference of truth to fall.  I was watching HSN Saturday and a few of the hosts were talking about how gawd-awful humid it was in the Tampa area.  Then another host came on trying to sell those DG2 jeggings and talking about how it's already getting cool at night in Florida and there has been a change in the weather and you could tell Fall is coming.  LOL 

Respected Contributor

I understand both attitudes depending on my mood. I did not watch any Christmas in July  on the Q or look at any e-mail ads from stores. I just think it belongs in December--but that is me. One could probably save money doing this.

as to clothing I find it pleasant to buy some winter items (especially bargains) now --put them away and when it is winter and am going through my 'stuff'/stash finding a new item to work into my wardrobe.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I have already purchased some fall clothing.  Although I am thoroughly enjoying summer, and don't want it to end, fall is only a couple of months away.

On the other hand, I find shopping for Christmas decorations rather nauseating this time of year.

Go figure! :0

Respected Contributor

While we were having a long dragged out rainy weather system pass through, I spent some time trying on my new OTK boots with different outfits that I might wear.

I'll have lots of options. When our temperature drops below 50º on a Sunday morning, which it may do in December, I'll be wearing them.