Trusted Contributor

It is just hopeless for help with this online company

Soft Surroundings.........they will not ship and get your order out and the cream I ordered and got $100 off and getting the jar for $20 was ready to ship on Feb 6 and never was shipped and now they are sold out. I was so upset over them never getting my order correct and the women customer service reps, never I just call customer service and talk to men and they are right on point and help.  The woman told me last night with my gift card I could get free monogram on my silk pillow case and I said REALLY she kept saying YES YES but then I saw on line and they charged me $7 so I called and canelled, you know they should keep their word.......they said she was probably new that does not matter she brought up the monogram as I did not know they did this but this company better get it together as their catalog is not going to make it with slow orders, leaving items on the shelf and sending emails that the packages have been sent and they are still on the shelf.  Crazy just crazy and you walk into the store and they are beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

Re: It is just hopeless for help with this online company

The Q really does at great job at customer service and kindness.  Thank you QVC.

Valued Contributor

??

Esteemed Contributor

I read advice in this forum to make our orders through the Soft Surroundings stores instead of through their website or catalog number.  They offer free shipping that way and the customer service has always been good for me when I ordered by telephone through a store.  

About the the items that were supposed to ship and the free monogramming, consider calling them and explaining the situations to a manager.  After all you've been through seems like they'd at least offer you a gift card for your inconveniences.

Honored Contributor

The one timeI ordered from Soft Surroundings the order went through and then after a week or so they informed me they would ship in 2 months. They were surprised when I canceled.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

I read advice in this forum to make our orders through the Soft Surroundings stores instead of through their website or catalog number.  They offer free shipping that way and the customer service has always been good for me when I ordered by telephone through a store.  

About the the items that were supposed to ship and the free monogramming, consider calling them and explaining the situations to a manager.  After all you've been through seems like they'd at least offer you a gift card for your inconveniences.

Yes, through the store is the best way to order. Last time I was there, the salesady said I can order anything to come to the store 

with no shipping. Although, not everyone has a store nearby.

Esteemed Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@wildcat fan wrote:

Yes, through the store is the best way to order. Last time I was there, the salesady said I can order anything to come to the store 

with no shipping. Although, not everyone has a store nearby.

I've called a store the last two times and they had the items delivered to my house for free.  I didn't have to go to that store to pick up.

Honored Contributor

I've been frustrated with Soft Surroundings numerous times.  They are fairly new to NJ malls so going to the store to order was not always an option.

I think their shipping is ridiculous.  They give token coupons (birthday, threshold) for $10 off $50 or $20 off $75.  By the time you pay shipping, the coupon value is practically a wash. Many times featured items were back ordered for weeks.  Outlet items with prices too good to be true, were never available even though they continued to advertise them.

For awhile I threw their catalogs away without even looking at them, so I would not be tempted to buy.  I'd get phone calls asking me why I hadn't ordered lately.  My response was always about shipping or why can't they offer frequent buyers incentives like other stores.  The response was always, many others felt the same way and they'd pass the suggestions along. Still no frequent buyers program.

A new catalog arrived today.  It's going directly to recycling.