Honored Contributor

Re: Isaac Mizrahi - if between sizes, size up or down?

Looks scratchy to me. Antonella, looks nice, though.

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie_23

It looks like the TSV is pulling at the bust on some of the models. Because it is lace

you should go up.

Trusted Contributor

I wish they would say if the garment measurements for the chest are for the lining or outer layer of lace.  If it is the lace I would order up a size-  if it is for the lining I would go with the regular size.  I am an xs in logo but think Id be a sm in Isaac??  I do think it is cute but when I am unsure on sizing I tend not to order.

Honored Contributor

EVERYBODY on there whether hosts or models all wear one to 2 sizes to small. Nobody will allow themselves comfort. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

This particular IM TSV lace top will also be a showstopper in Canada near the end of the month so I was interested in how this looked on the models and hosts. I think model Jackie is wearing the top too small but I don't know what size she's wearing and it looks snug on host Jayne too. I also think it looks short in the front. I don't think this is flattering on someone with a larger bust or fuller upper arm either.

Trusted Contributor

I've found the opposite in IM's clothing.  I could never size up as I think they run large much of the time.  I wear a 6 or 8 and usually get a small, but occasionally an XS.

Honored Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

For the TSV, if between sizes, would you recommend sizing up or sizing down?

Thanks for any recommenations.

@Julie_23

I didn't see the presentation but read the description page.  This is a lined top that appears to be woven, NOT a knit, which means there won't be a lot of "give".   Also, it has no spandex, it's described as Fitted.

I would be a lot more comfortable with it being a tad larger than a bit smaller and be constantly fidgeting with it.  JMO

Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

I'm the odd one out.  I do not like this TSV at all.  I didn't think anyone looked good on it, and I did not like the sleeve length.  I thought the fit was off on everyone.  I think one needs to be super small in the waist with an average-sized bust to pull this off.  I agree with you--you can't be huge busted or small busted to look good in this due to how it fits.

The colors are lovely though.

No you are not.  In addition to sleeve length, the seam under the bust is not particularly flattering. It looks like a bridesmaid's dress (from the 80's) cut off for additional wear.

Based on the IM lace maxi dresses I received, I'm sure the quality of the lace is nice.

Honored Contributor

Now that I see this, I don't like it at all. 

Isaac did a knit version of this top last year.  It was just a This Day Only last week.  I ordered it and the top was very ill-fitting and ended up in the donation bag very quickly.  It was not one of my better purchases.

On the knit version, the fit was very off in the arm/shoulder/bust areas.  It pulled through my upper arms and across the bust darts but was big across the neck and shoulders.  It gaped at my neck.  So I couldn't go up a size for the arms and bust to fit because the neck and across my shoulders would have been huge.

The seam on the peplum isn't at the natural waist.  It cut me right through my abdomen and that wasn't flattering at all plus it just felt off.  That seam should have been lowered to hit at the natural waist, not cut you in half. 

If one carries weight through the mid-section, I think this would be horrible because that seam is going to cut right through the extra in that area and really emphasize that.     

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something too bridesmaid about it  . The fit is a tough one for the masses. If you are a large and up itneeds to be a little longer to balance th e wideness of the body after looking at Jackie.